Muppet Movie Cut Scene

Iggy35

Reaction score
I read this on a website, anyone know if it's true or not?
It's the first time I ever heard it.

In the original theatrical version of the muppet movie, when he meets Kermit for the first time, Rowlf the dog asks Kermit if he wants a drink, to which Kermit says, "I'll have a grasshopper." This small scene has been deleted from all subsequent versions. (Perhaps the filmmakers didn't want a children's movie to advocate an alcoholic beverage?)

IGGY35

Whatever

Reaction score
That wouldn't make any sense, since Piggy and Kermit had one of "the finest wines of Idaho" and that was left in.

Ryan

Reaction score
Also, Rowlf says he has a couple of beers when he gets home.

anathema

Reaction score
There are at least two different cuts of the movie. I have one that runs a few minutes longer than the one we're all familiar with. I haven't had the time to go through it in detail and note the changes, but this is what I remember spotting so far:

- An extra scene with Doc Hopper and Max in their car, during their pursuit of the Studebaker

- Changes to the EM's introductory scene, notably Janice doesn't get to introduce herself

One of these days I will make the time to put the two versions side-by-side on the computer, and I'll post the complete definitive list of changes :smile: