Muppet Movie DVD Questions

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I own TMM on VHS, but I would like to own the DVD. First, Which DVD would be better to get: the old DVD or the new one? Second, is it true that one of the DVDs has footage cut out? People on Amazon claim that parts of the bar scene were cut. Any and all help would be appreciated.

anytimepally

Reaction score
the old one has better extras.. the two DVDs both run 95 minutes.. the "cut" scenes that people are talking about are from a UK video release back in the 80s that had a few extra minutes.. I'm not sure which version ran in theaters

anathema

Reaction score
Correct. The movie as presented on the current crop of DVDs is the complete film, uncut.

There is however another *edit* of the film which runs to about 97 minutes and includes some extra material, including some shots in the bar scene - this was shown in UK cinemas in 1979 and subsequently released on VHS and laserdisc in the UK, but AFAIK hasn't been seen since. If you're particularly keen to see it, you need to look for the Virgin Video or Palace VHS tapes on eBay.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Definitely get the first one. I have both and I pretty much ignore the second. The first one has the screen tests with Kermit, Fozzie and Piggy and they are pretty much the greatest extra any DVD has ever given anyone. Ever. hehe