1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, May 10, 2007.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/05/muppets-music-magic-tour.html

The "Muppets, Music & Magic" tour is a traveling event created by The Jim Henson Legacy and the Brooklyn Academy of Music that tour features rare films and short programs from the Henson archives. Events, screenings and presentations will be made at locations around the USA as the tour travels.

Here are some upcoming stops that have been "locked in":
    June 21-July 1, 2007
    Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco
    Special guest Dave Goelz​

August 10-12, 2007
    The Cinema Arts Centre in Huntington Long Island
    Tons of special guests!​
    There are many additional venues (in such locations as Austin, Houston, Cleveland, Ithaca, and Los Angles, among others) that are considering hosting event screenings in the near future. I will keep informing you about booked venues as they are locked in and confirmed.

More information on the tour and what the events are all about can be found here: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/05/muppets-music-magic-tour.html
  2. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Thats cool and its a great way to meet the muppets. The Muppets were there 2 years ago and Muppeteers will be there. i cant wait. Technicly just Skecksis but still cool.
  3. zns

zns Well-Known Member

If it ever hits me here in PA, I'll be sure to be there.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oooh! San Francisco! I am soooo there. I wonder what day Goelz will be there, and what exactly they will be showing.
  5. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Anybody from MC going to the one in Huntington LI on August 10-12 like me. Its the best because it has alot of guests.
  6. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I am definitely going to be there at one of those days! Where is the guest list posted?
  7. TeacherLady

TeacherLady New Member

Darn. I'm guessing I'll miss it... The only big Henson event I ever got to see was in MOMI in London. Pretty cool, but I'm always hungry for more and I would love the opportunity to meet the actual Muppeteers and other magic-makers.
  8. I'm probably going to the Huntington LI showing. It's not too far a drive from Ohio, I don't think. I haven't seen a guest list anywhere, and even when I talked with the tour coordinator she wasn't sure on a final guest list.
  9. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

There is no guest list posted. All it says there are Tons of special guests. They will probably put a guest list up later as we get closser to the event.
  10. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

So, the one in Huntington. Three days, tons of special guests, Henson film rarities...sounds a bit like a less life-altering second Muppetfest to me. Yay! :)
  11. MelissaY1

If it's anything like the BAM event from a couple of years ago, or the event I attended at the Museum of T.V. and Radio in NYC a few years back, it's going to be awesome!
  12. MelissaY1

Updated info!

So according to this link: http://www.cinemaartscentre.org/may07/documents/PuppetsontheSoundFullSchedule.pdf

There is updated information regarding the Henson and puppetry related events around the area during that weekend. Of course though one disadvantage to having info online, is that the rest of the schedule says "turn to page 23" and there is none LOL However I have a friend who goes out to Huntington every Saturday (he keeps a horse out there) so I'll tell him to pick a brochure up for me that they usually have in the train station over there....Unless I get out there myself beforehand which is also possible
  13. MelissaY1

I just emailed the box office through the address on their site to find out (if they can provide it) more info...will keep you all posted!
  14. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Thank you so much for all this work. :)
  15. Yes, really thank you for keeping us up to date on this! I hope a lot of us will be going to Huntington! I know I will :)
  16. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

The is a list of highlights from the event as listed on the cinema arts center site. Muppets™, Music, & Magic:
    Jim Henson's Legacy
    Friday-Sunday, August 10-12, 2007

Program Highlights

Newly-restored 35mm print of Time Piece (1965), Jim Henson’s Academy Award-nominated short film
    Behind-the-scenes footage, experimental puppetry work and
    early television commercials from the Henson archives

Archival prints of Jim Henson’s ground-breaking feature films
    including Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal and The Muppet Movie

Full episodes of The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Fairy Tales, and the rarely-seen Dog City and Storyteller, written by Academy Award-winner Anthony Minghella (The English Patient)
    Puppet making workshops for children 6-12
    This sounds wonderful. Enjoy
  17. MelissaY1

Did they just post this? I couldn't find anything on there yesterday...thanks for the info though
  18. MelissaY1

You're welcome everybody. I try to earn my keep here :) I guess I'm also real excited there's going to be a Muppet event on Long Island for once instead of NYC (either way I gotta take the train somewhere but nice to have things local!)
  19. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Hey MelissaY1 its new. They recently put this on their site. They have more info in a brochure if you go to huntington and get it.
  20. MelissaY1

Yes, I actually checked it out on their website (it was recently updated). I have a friend going out there this weekend and told him to pick one up for me. If not I should be there in the near future myself as well....thank you though! :)