1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Music Videos

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by BlueFrackle, Jul 25, 2002.

1. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Hey Guys,
    Just before i start i wanna say; Im talkign about real Music Videos, The kind that come on MTV.
    Not Musical Numbers taken from the shows.

So far we know about these -

• Love Power - Muppet Treasure Island
    • I Will Always Love You - Muppets Take Manhattan
    • Kokomo - Muppet Beach Party
    • Wipe Out - Muppet Beach Party
    • Halfway Down The Stairs - The Muppet Show

Now did anyone know that they also filmed videos for the Kermit Unpigged album ?

I got a video today and it had clips of the 'She Drives Me Crazy - Starring Phil Collins' and 'On Broadway' videos.

It also had clips of the Muppets with Lily Tomlin, Ozzy Osbourne, Little Richard, Leslie Neilsen and George Benson.

And clips of those people sitting in a Directors Chair with the Muppets areound them talking, Like they were in an Interview.

Does anyone else know any more about these ?

thanks
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Oooooooh i'd like to hear more about the Ozzy Osbourne one ? I've never heard they did all these though. It's a bit wierd to imagine Ozzy with puppets unless he's biting the heads off them !
  3. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

They did a music video for "Halfway Down The Stairs"? MTV didn't even exist then, what did they show it on? Odd that they'd pick that song to do a video for. Is this available anywhere, on a video compilation perhaps?
  4. BlueFrackle

Luke,

Hey,
    ill explaing what i saw.

Everyone has seen Kokomo and Wipe out, Well they should have anyway, So im not going into detail.

She Drives Me Crazy -
    It had Kremit in a suit and Miss Piggy in black with a short haircut dancing beside eachother singing the song.
    Then it would cut to clips of Phil Collins holding up the cue cards and throwing them everywhere.

On Broadway -
    George Benson and Clifford in a recoding studio singing into the microphones.

Ozzy Osbourne -
    Him singing into a microphone.
    (hen an interview with him)

(They werent the full videos, It kept switching from video to video with a man talking over them)

Then we saw clips of the stars i mentioned earlier in the thread, It was like an interview thing.

The Muppets that i saw were Miss Piggy, Kermit, Gonzo, Clifford, Floyd and Rizzo.

They also showed a clip of The Muppets with Leslie Nielsen and Little Richard so i think they had cameos in the videos like Phil Collins did.

I wanna see more of these videos!
  5. radionate

radionate New Member

BlueFrackle,

I have seen videos for "She Drives Me Crazy" and "All Together Now". Those are the only two that I specifically remember. I don't remember where I saw them, but I know they exist!
  6. BlueFrackle

Scott,

'Halfway Down The Stairs' got to number 7 in the UK Charts.
    With Manha Manha as the B-side.

It had another version taped as the music video, It is similar to the version on The Muppet Show with the same stairs and background, But with different Camera shots.

See ya
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i agree, we need to see more of these, or even better - get em online.

Muppet Central Television - that'd be pretty cool !

Luke
    -TRL with Zack The Dog and his Rowlf hat-
  8. BlueFrackle

Nate,

'She Drives Me Crazy' looks great, But i dont think it was Frank performing Piggy, maybe Kevin Clash.

I'd love to see the video for 'All together Now' !!

See ya
  9. BlueFrackle

Guys,

I found this Article from Tutti Magazine -

Im looking for more !
  10. radionate

radionate New Member

All I remember is Harry Smith in the "All Together Now" video blowing his horn. And Phil Collins with the cue cards. Wish I could remember more BlueFrackle, but I can't. I know there were cameos in one video (kinda like put down the ducky - another music video you forgot in the list), but I don't remember which video it was!!!
  11. BlueFrackle

Nate,

Thanks !

Yeah i thought id stay with Muppets.

I wonder if they were also going to release a video of this, If the CD was a hit ?

It seems weird to get all these Celebs in and actually make all these Music Videos then never use them.

If it was for Promotional purposes, They would have made like one or two only, Not the whole album !

See ya
  12. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Nickelodeon used to show a Muppet music video featuring Kermit and (IIRC) Jerry Seinfeld. I don't remember what song it was for, but I know that Jerry Seinfeld (or someone else that looked like him) was in it.
  13. BlueFrackle

Guys,

I have also heared that Nickolodeon has aired 'She Drives Me Crazy'.

Does anyone have these on video ?

see ya
  14. radionate

radionate New Member

You sure it wasn't Harry Smith? They don't really look alike, but you never know.
  15. Animal

Animal New Member

"'Halfway Down The Stairs' got to number 7 in the UK Charts.
    With Manha Manha as the B-side.

It had another version taped as the music video, It is similar to the version on The Muppet Show with the same stairs and background, But with different Camera shots."

Right!!! The "video-version" can be seen in the video compilation "Childrens Songs & Stories w/The Muppets" from 1985(Playhouse Videos), and the regular version from the Harvey Korman episode of The Muppet Show!

I wonder if they taped the later "video-version" just for "Top Of The Pops" or something like that....

*Hans*
  16. BlueFrackle

Hans,

I think just for Top of The Pops.

It can also be seen in 'I Love Muppets' the BBC special.

See ya
  17. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

BlueFrackle, I think that the "She Drives Me Crazy" video on Nickelodeon was the one with Kermit and Seinfeld...
  18. BlueFrackle

Jeff,

'She Drives Me Crazy' actually had a variety of Guest Cameos in it.

See ya
  19. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Was Jerry Seinfeld one of them?
  20. BlueFrackle

Jeff,

I dont know, I have only seen one clip with Phil Collins.

Ill try and get a full list soon.

See ya