Muppet Music

grail

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you there is anyplace you can buy sheet music for some of the Muppet music? i'm looking for stuff from any of the movies, all of the various shows (SS, Fraggles, TMS, etc) any help would be appreciated.

Gonzo

Reaction score
there's a Reader's Digest Children's Songbook that has quite a few Muppet Show, Muppet Movie, and Sesame Street songs in it--it's a bright yellow hard or softback, and it's packed with all sorts of songs, arranged for piano. I saw it at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago, and was surprised to see it, because that thing's been out since the 1980's.

Quinnnnnnnn

Aerosmith

Reaction score
A music store close by has some I think Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. They are probably for guitar cause thats what they mostly sale. I could find out how much they are for you.

grail

Reaction score
thanks quinn, i'll check B&N on the way into work tomorrow

and aerosmith, buddy...if you would i'd much appreciate it.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Grail, I don't know if this is helpful or not, but another place you might try is an Elementary or Junior High School. When I was in High School our Jr. High used to play a Muppet Show Medley. I think I've still got a copy for clarinet around here somewhere. Also, for our wedding the string quartet we hired had found a copy of Rainbow Connection at one of the local schools here and then arranged it for their needs. It might be worth a shot.

Joggy

Reaction score
Try and look for the book "Favorite Songs From Jim Henson's Muppets". It's got songs from TMS, the Movies, SS, FR, and Muppet Babies, with sheet music for vocals, piano chords and guitar chords.

Some of the featured songs are:

Rainbow Connection
Movin' Right Along
Happiness Hotel
The First Time It Happens
Saying Goodbye
The Muppet Show Theme
Bein' Green
Mah-Na-Mah-Na
Rubber Duckie
C Is For Cookie
ABCDEFGHI
Fraggle Rock Theme
Muppet Babies Theme
It's Up To You
Dream For Your Inspiration

grail

Reaction score
thanks to both of you!

my mom is a music teacher, so i asked her, and she's gonna look through the school's stuff and see what they've got

and i found that book you're talking about online last night! there's an online store that's got tons of stuff. among ther stuff i found is a performance grade Muppet Show theme. i think the book was like $12. the MS arrangement was $30

Joggy

Reaction score
BTW, another reason to buy the songbook is because of the photos. The first and last few pages have photos that belong with the songs. The TMS Theme one has a gigantic photo of a BIG bunch of Muppets in the theatre.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hiya Grail-

Everyone has made excellent suggestions.

But if everything else fails, just go to your local bookstore (B&N, Bookstop, Border's, etc.) and look around in their sheet music book section. I've seen quite a few books for kids' music in general that have popular Muppet and SS tunes that you might be looking for.

Not necessarily "Muppet" books alone, but just kids' stuff in general. They have songs like "Rainbow Connection" and "Rubber Duckie".

Later

- Billy :cool:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hey Grail, looks like were in business!

Rev:
Do you see the light?
Jake:
(louder) The band!
Rev:
Do you see the light?
Elwood:
What light?
Rev:
Have you seen the light?
Jake:
Yes, Yes! Jesus H. god d***ed b*****d Christ, I have seen the light!

Jake starts dancing with the others

Jake:
The band Elwood. The band!
Elwood:
The band? ... The band. The band? The band!
Rev:
Praise God.
Elwood:
And God bless the United States of America.

Hehehe, rock n roll. Mail me when ya find songs I need to learn on the ol' Bobbie Sue. :big_grin:

-Matt