Muppet Musicians of Bremen

southernyankee

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me the name of an old scary Muppets special?
I vividly remember watching this special as a kid, but can't find it anywhere now. The only real Muppet character I remember from the special was a donkey and maybe a frog who was afraid of the donkey's owner. Thanks alot if you do know the answer.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MC. The Muppet special you're probably thinking of is known as The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. If you're looking to add this to your Muppet video library, I recommend you contact fellow forum member KermiClown as he has it and can help you get a copy of that special.
Hope this helps and have a good day as you explore the rest of the sections in the forum.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It sounds like you may be thinking of The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. But there were no human characters in it, only muppets. The donkey's name was Leroy and the frog was Kermit himself who introduced the story.
Perhaps others can talk about this special some more in discussion and maybe you'll come to remember more about it.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
While I am sure I saw at least one other thread on this, perhaps in Muppet Worlds, this is the one I saw, so this is the one I'll use.
:smile:

I haven't actually seen the TV version, but I've downloaded the record version from the Muppet Musique website, and I feel it is highly under-rated!The characters are iendearing, and I feel that it is sophisticated in its own right.
You know, I just might find myself doing business with Kermie Clown yet!

Oh yes, I also meant to ask who did all the preforming? I think it's pretty safe to say that Jerry Nelson voiced TR and Jim Hensson voiced Mean Floyd, (not rully too crazy about the name),
:wink:
:sing: but who did the others? Thanks.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Voices:
Jerry Nelson - T.R. and Caleb Siles
Nick Nichols - Leroy and Lardpork
Francois Klanfer - Rover Joe and Mordecai Sledge
Phyllis Marshall - Catgut
Jim Henson - Kermit the Frog and Mean Floyd
Jerry Juhl - Chickens

Muppeteering:
Frank Oz - Leroy
Jerry Nelson - Rover Joe, T.R., and Caleb Siles
Jim Henson - Catgut, Kermit, and Mean Floyd

other than that, I'm not sure :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks Randal. Nope, I think you got everyone. You know, I would have figured Jerry Juhl for the voice of Leeroy.
:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope... He voiced one of the chickens. If you listen to T.R.'s song either on MC Radio or at Muppet Musique, you'll notice Jull's chicken sounds like Taminella from Tales of Tinkerdee.