Muppet parody puppets on Crank Yankers

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
does anyone have a pic of the crank yankers kermit? i wanna see what he looks like

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Jesus loves you!

dude whats up with you? not only do you hate crank yankers but you don't want anyone else watching it? and when you wrote a letter asking them to change the show, what did you want them to do anyways? make phone calls where they say "have a nice day, jesus loves you" or whatever? while YOU may think a show like that deserves an emmy, you gotta remember that there are people out there (like me) who think crank yankers is hilarious. so quit nagging, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't say I care much for Crank Yankers either, which is why I don't watch it. Anyway, by the way, I just wanted to say, "Jesus loves you!" and He loves everyone! :smile:
I know punk 'n' puppets was trying to make a point, but remember that there are people who do love Jesus and would rather not have their faith denigrated. :attitude:

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
I can't say I care much for Crank Yankers either, which is why I don't watch it. Anyway, by the way, I just wanted to say, "Jesus loves you!" and He loves everyone! :smile:
I know punk 'n' puppets was trying to make a point, but remember that there are people who do love Jesus and would rather not have their faith denigrated. :attitude:
sorry bout that dude im christian too, but i would not be happy if crank yankers went to that format. kind of like run-dmc was good (and one of the ONLY good rap bands) when they started because they were all tough and rebellious, but i didn't like them when they started "rappin' for jesus". because that wasn't the run dmc that i know...am i making sense? :confused:

Iokitek

Reaction score
Well first of all Crank Yankers will never become a Christian show so I don't even know why this is being discussed. Besides that I didn't think that remark was in any way offensive. So I don't even see the problem. Except when you make one out of it. And secondly Jesus has passed away a long time ago. So he's not here and even if he was, he would be pretty mad at all the so called "Christians" who idolize him instead of worshipping God alone. So no, he does not love everyone. Ironically enough he would turn away friom those who claim to love him most. Not to mention those who claim to be Christian but don't want anything to do with religion when it comes down to it.

For instance when a bunch of rappers start rapping about Jesus alot of Christians even think that this is lame. Actually I think this is good because it can raise awareness. Although I might not agree with the lyrics in question. But most people have a natural adversity towards any religion. Even their own. That's mainly because they were just raised that way and actually don't really care or have any knowledge. They're just keeping up appearances for their community or whatever. Just look at all the gangster rappers who wear a big golden cross around their neck for instance. Some of them are good examples of complete hypocrites. Hypocrites come in all shapes and sizes though. And I know some of you are probably personally offended by my remarks about Christianity in general. But I don't care. I hope it's food for thought to others.

But I realize this is not a place to discuss religion. Anyone interrested in commenting can always message me or visit my blog or something. My recent entry was about Ramadan (wich is this month) and it has some links that might be usefull to those who would like to know more. I believe this thread is already very old and I don't think anyone cares about this whole Crank Yankers "discussion" anymore. Especially not when it suddenly becomes about religion aswell. Let's just talk puppets and leave Jesus out of it from now on. :smile: Unless it's a Jesus puppet perhaps.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
So he's not here and even if he was, he would be pretty mad at all the so called "Christians" who idolize him instead of worshipping God alone. So no, he does not love everyone.
not to mention the gay bashing anti-semetic "christians".

Just look at all the gangster rappers who wear a big golden cross around their neck for instance. Some of them are good examples of complete hypocrites. Hypocrites come in all shapes and sizes though.
i agree. do you watch mad tv? cuz there was this one sketch on there that made fun of that. aries spears was being a gangsta rapper who won a grammy, and when he went up to the podium and was like "i most wanna thank the man upstairs, couldnt have done it without him"..then phil lamaar enters dressed as God and goes up to the podium and says that he wants rappers to stop thanking him and how he hates rap. "i never supported any songs with the words '*****, ho, dope, or jiggy'" well something like that, im sure you can download it.

anyways back to crank yankers, i'm sure i'm the only one on the board who can say this, but crank yankers is the show that made me want to be a puppeteer. it was the summer of 2002, i watched the first episode and once it was over i was like "that's what i wanna do, make puppets." welp, without learning how to make puppets, i built phil and washington (who both looked terrible, but hey, i was just a rookie...and i still kinda am...)

Iokitek

Reaction score
Actually I do believe that some gangsters are good people beneath their thug exterior. Growing up in the getto must not be easy. But it's not always an excuse for bad behaviour though. I've never seen that madTV sketch. Because well I live in the Netherlands and it's not aired here. But I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

I'm very opinionated about homosexuality aswell though. So I kind of relate to gay bashing. Just not the bashing part :stick_out_tongue: I believe it is wrong for two people of the same gender to have sexual relations. But when dealing with hermafrodites or transsexuals the issue becomes quite complicated ofcourse since these issues are scientifically proven to be real. And I'm not saying that when someone has feelings for someone else of the same gender that those feelings would not be real. I just think that they are tested with those feelings. Just like heterosexuals are tested with their sexual urges.

Anyway :smile: about Crank Yankers. I've seen it once but I didn't really like it that much. I did like Puppets Who Kill though. But that's because of the psychological issues involved.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
well i agree with what you said about homosexuality, but some christians' opinions on it have alot more to do with hatred and not morality.