1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Peter Pan

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GRandolph, Jun 4, 2009.

1. GRandolph

GRandolph New Member

Hello!

My name is Grace Randolph and I'm the writer for BOOM! Studios upcoming Muppet Peter Pan.

I see that Amy Mebberson, the wonderful artist on the book, is already here on the forum so I thought I'd introduce myself as well.

I'm also happy to see all the great feedback about Tim Beedle's Muppet Robin Hood which kicked off this whole series.

So if you have any questions or comments, let 'er rip! :search: Otherwise I hope you'll pick up Muppet Peter Pan when the first issue comes out in August.

Grace
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Amazing! So great to see all these people connected with the comics coming here to connect with us! Welcome to the forum, Grace! It's truly a pleasure to have you hear. I can honestly say that your Muppet Peter Pan is the comic I'm most looking forward to. The artwork is gorgeous and the characters are so wonderfully casted.

I do have a question though. Can we expect to see chicken pirates? And will Rizzo appear as Mr. Smee perhaps? :shifty:

Welcome, again, Grace! So good to have you hear!
  3. GRandolph

GRandolph New Member

That's so great to hear you're excited for Muppet Peter Pan! Everything does indeed seem to be coming together really nicely for the book!

Argh! I can't spoil anymore of the casting for you, but Rizzo does make an appearance. As for chickens, well, expect one to turn up in an unexpected place... :concern:
  4. Amy

Amy Member

Hey, look who's here :)

Welcome, Grace!
    And we have a Pan thread now, yay.

So yeah. Nothin' to report on my end, work-in-progress, yadda yadda.

Guys, we're posting under our real names, you KNOW we can't give away spoilers, and that includes casting.
    You'll find out when further covers hit Previews.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I just wonder if Arnie the Alligator will show up. ;)
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Wonderful to have you here and it shows great dedication to your work and we appreciate that. :)
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Something that I just thought of... Considering the pirate theme, I wonder if Gaffer, the eyepatch-wearing cat, will make an appearance. I guess that would depend on whether the writer and illustartor are aware of that character (well, they should be if they read this post).
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Casting is clearly a surprise... but did you keep the secret tradition of Peter Pan alive, considering who plays the father and Captain Hook?

All and all, I'm also anxious to pick these up when they come out. I've really enjoyed Muppet Robin Hood so far, and it looks like these story based comics will be a LOT better than if they were movies. Mainly because we have an all muppet cast.
  9. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

casting shocked me too. i mean, janice rully never does too much outside of the electric mayhem
  10. David Petersen

David Petersen New Member

Hello, I'm David Petersen and I'm doing some of the covers for Boom's Muppet books including Muppet Peter Pan.

I wanted to share the cover to #1 with you.

You may have seen a version of the cover with Robin instead of Bean as 'Michael'. Disney asked for the script/character change after I had done the cover, so it went to Diamond wirh Robin, but will be printed with Bean.

take a look:
    http://www.davidpetersen.net/pinups/peterpancover1.jpg
  11. David Petersen

12. theprawncracker

GREAT stuff, David. Incredibly impressive. I love the intricate facial expressions you have on your covers--they're fantastic. My favorite on this cover has to be Scooter, he's just so happy and chipper and... Scooter! Love it. Great job, sir! :D
  13. Amy

Amy Member

Man, the gang's all here!

Hello David, welcome :)
  14. theprawncracker

You're right! We should have a VIP release party on the day Muppet Peter Pan comes out... I'll bring the punch! :cool:
  15. David Petersen

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
    I'll be sure to post more artwork when I can
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow this is great I'm so glad to see that you all that are working on some of the Muppet Comics are here to get feedback from us fans. I just got the first issue of the Muppet Show comic last week, and If it's any indecation of what your all's work is going to be like I'm highly looking forward to it!

I do have a question do you all have any "Help" from some of the Muppet writers such as Jim Lewis? He is a good friend to us here at Muppet Central and it would be neat to know if he is some how involved.
  17. GRandolph

GRandolph New Member

David, that new cover with Bean on it is fantastic! :) It is indeed pretty awesome that we're all here on the thread, and I hope everyone will continue to stop by as the books come out to discuss!

And yes, Dwayne, Jim Lewis is involved in the books. But I wouldn't say he's giving us any "help" - instead he's there to catch us if write something un-Muppety, etc. And whenever he notes that one of my jokes is particularly funny, it makes my day to hear that from such a Muppet Legend!
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Oh, you're the guy with the initial Robin Hood cover art that created all the buzz. I'd like to see the Muppet comic you'd make.

By the way...Boom guys - any thought about doing an Electric Mayhem Tour comic? I'd love to see that. :D
  19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

That's great to know about Jim I always have looked at Jim as an unsung hero of the Muppets. Now you three are also on that list.

BTW what are your all favoriet Muppet prodcutions and favorit Muppets, and where would you like to see the Muppet comics go from here. Speaking on a personal level.
  20. GRandolph

GRandolph New Member

Hmm, good question. I'd say my favorite Muppet movie is A Muppet Christmas Carol. As for characters, I love Kermit and I think Sam the Eagle is hilarious!

I would love to see another Muppet movie. I've heard rumors of two movies in the pipeline, one written by Jason Segal and the other by Jim Lewis. I say make both! :)