Muppet Posters at Denny's

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Our local Denny's has definitely gotten into the Muppety spirit. Although there is no merchandise currently available, our Denny's was decorated in various Muppet posters designed exclusively for Denny's.

When you walk in the door there is a huge stand-up of Kermit advertising the Denny's Grand Slam. There's also a "The Muppet Show" logo and "25 years" on the stand-up as well. Hanging behind the register is a large Miss Piggy poster. At the top it says, "Join the Grand Celebration" and then Miss Piggy saying, "Moi is here! Let the party begin!" Piggy is dressed in a pink and black outfit with a white cowboy hat on. Very stylish. There is actually no obvious mention of Denny's on this poster at all.

Scattered throughout the restaurant were other double sided posters as well that hung from the ceiling. All of these featured a particular full body Muppet in the top corner with the primary focus on whatever dinner item Denny's is offering.

Animal: "Animal want..." (I believe he was advertising the BBQ chicken sandwich"
Fozzie: "Hungry as Fozzie Bear? Try the..."
Swedish Chef: Listed was some mock Swedish
Gonzo: "Go Gonzo! Go for the Three Cheese Burger"

According to the waitress the Miss Piggy poster just went up yesterday. I'm not sure if that goes for all the other Muppet advertisements as well. But at least it's a start.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Cindy

Hi Cindy!thanks for posting! I'll have to check my Denny's out soon. i saw the ad with Kermit and Piggy about 3 days ago on tv, it was very cute:smile:

Miss Piggy) Will Take three...any thing for you Kermie?

Kermit) Sheesh! I think were gonna need a bigger booth!

Zack)Rowlf the,well it goes something like that,Dog.

matleo

Reaction score
Speaking of the Denny's adsa, acoording to IMDB, that's Frank doing Piggy. (although IMDB has benn wrong before. It also says that's Frank doing Kermit). thay also say that Frank directed a few of the old Energizer Bunny commercials. That part may actually be true. though you might like to know.

--Matt

Kedrick

Reaction score
I just heard the Denny's Muppet commercial this morning and that is NOT Frank Oz as Piggy. The imitation is decent, but definitely not Frank Oz, unless he has recently suffered some vocal problems. The commercial was cute, but I wasn't feeling the new Piggy. Sadly, the torch has to pass sometime.

Clint (who used to be Moidonna but can't get logged on under that anymore) :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
hmmm, not even ljs swung into the in store Muppet decorations *that* fast! Wow, so cool to hear the whole restaurant is Muppetized now! sweet. Im on my nonstop soy, vegetable, and healthy eating thing...but for the Muppets I'd eat anywhere(Cept arbys, ugh)

To quote frogboy, ljs was pure toxic waste, but denny's has all kinds of stuff.

anyways, does anybody have a reply email from dennys or anything indicating any sort of instore merchandise?

also, i love that new piggy and kermit commercial! were they spose to have a waldorf and statler one too?

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
thay also say that Frank directed a few of the old Energizer Bunny commercials. That part may actually be true.
This I do know is true, as Frank was spotlighted on some behind-the-scenes program when the commercials were first out. I believe they were focusing on the commercial in which the Bunny squares off against Darth Vader.