Muppet reality pilot taped last summer

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Oh I certainly hope so. I still think the muppets are magical. I'm watching my Muppets Treasure Island as I type this and every time I watch it, I realize more and more how good it is. A little off the subject but how come the muppets never created any seasonal holiday specials? I have so many Christmas movies done by the muppets but how come they never did anything for the holidays. Not that I totally still don't watch them out of season, I wish there were more.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Yeah, MTI is a great movie. That's a good question about the seasonal holiday specials, I really don't know why they didn't do any. It would have been neat. Great idea.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Yeah, I always thought a muppet halloween special would rock. They kind of toyed with the spooky stuff a bit on the muppet show with Alice Cooper and Vincent Price. They did a very good job of it back than so I always wondered why they never made a special for it. Nothing that would be too scary for the kids. Maybe the muppets gathered around sharing ghost stories or somehow being stranded and ending in a haunted house. Maybe I would be the only one to watch it but I think it would be cool.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I would certainly watch it. I believe there was a Muppets Haunted House or something similarly titled, in the early stages of development when Henson passed away.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I never heard that one. That would have been really good. Unlike all the naysayers who are very disappointed about Disneys intententions, I still have very high hopes. Disney did not purchase them just to do absolutely nothing with them. I think its going to be a very good year for us muppet fans. Since they have already taped the Wizard of Oz and this other reality show, it shows that they are definetly working full speed on new projects.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Mmm, I agree. I'm very optimistic about the future of them.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
aww...my muppet treasure island is over now :frown: . Now I have my celebration of Grover DVD in. If I don't quit watching these shows, I'm not going to get anything accomplished today.

christyb

Reaction score
Who says you have to get something accomplished?? But MTI does sound like fun. I think I'll watch it tonight. I'm bounce back and forth from liking Disney to not liking them. So far the Reality pilot has been the only thing I haven't liked. But that's because I don't like reality tv.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Dang I got kicked off the internet before my reply went through. So I'll have to type it again. What I said was that I agree with you 300% on reality TV. I think those shows are incredibly stupid and annoying. But I don't think its going to be a reality show in the typical terms that we think of. I think its going to be a parody. Kind of like an American Idol thing with new muppets auditioning and some of the classic muppets as judges. If thats what they are doing I think it would be really good. Ms Piggy or Sam the Eagle in type of a Simon type of role where they don't like any of the contestants would be hilarious. Piggy could be real jealous of any of the female contestants or Sam could be critical of all of them because they don't have "socially redeeming" acts.

Xerus

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
Oh I certainly hope so. I still think the muppets are magical. I'm watching my Muppets Treasure Island as I type this and every time I watch it, I realize more and more how good it is. A little off the subject but how come the muppets never created any seasonal holiday specials? I have so many Christmas movies done by the muppets but how come they never did anything for the holidays. Not that I totally still don't watch them out of season, I wish there were more.
I too thought a Muppet Halloween special would be a good idea for a while. Maybe have the Muppets dress up in costumes and they get together around a campfire and tell scary stories. Here's some of the ideas I had.

Gonzo telling the story of a Poultry-geist. About a little girl getting possessed by a ghost chicken and it's up to a priest, played by Gonzo, to remove the ghost.

Fozzie buys a ventriloquist dummy from a spooky store. But what he doesn't know is that the dummy comes to life and does evil things to anyone who tries to heckle it. Especially to Waldorf and Statler.

A spoof of a Twilight Zone episode, where Miss. Piggy finds herself in a hospital where she's a pig face in a world filled with Gonzos. Who are all played by Gonzo and his relatives. And Link appears to take her to a village where there are pigs like her.