Muppet related bits on Non-Henson DVDs

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I apologize if it has, but I recently purchased a 2 DVD set from Madacy Entertainment called "TV Favorites: Classic Commercials".

It features over 3-1/2 hours of commercials from the 40's to the 70's.

Now, the quality of these spots is not always mind-blowing, but the list price (about 10-12 bucks) makes it quite the steal, especially considering it has muppet ties.

First and most obviously muppet-related is the Wilkins coffee commercial which is on disc one. When I first watched this DVD, I was totally in shock when I saw that one.

The second disc has a Cool Whip commercial featuring Loretta Long from Sesame Street.

I would recommend this set to anyone interested in TV history. It's really a fun set at a good price. Plus, you get to see Barney Rubble and Fred Flinstone as spokesmen for Winston cigarettes!

Anyway, I'm getting off track here, but I though you'd like to know...

Rich

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that does sound nice. Any other good animation bits?

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
Phil,

To respond to your question, there is a lot of classic animation on this set.

Some of the more famous characters making appearances:
The Flintstones
Quisp and Quake
Marky Maypo
Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote
Franken Berry, Count Chocula, Boo Berry
a mid-seventies Tony the Tiger
plus many more!

I must stress again that the video quality is not always great, but I still think there are many many things on this set that make it well worth the price of admission.

Rich

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard about the Flintstone commercials for years but never seen them. Nice. Thanks for the list.

jediX

Reaction score
This spotting is from a different DVD set, The Ultimate [Johnny] Carson Collection. On the final episode of Johnny's Tonight Show (which is in the set), there is a montage of his fave guests (about 5 seconds of each). Jim, holding Dr. Teeth is part of the montage and was one of the few people to get a studio audience applause.

Ryan

Reaction score
jediX said:
This spotting is from a different DVD set, The Ultimate [Johnny] Carson Collection. On the final episode of Johnny's Tonight Show (which is in the set), there is a montage of his fave guests (about 5 seconds of each). Jim, holding Dr. Teeth is part of the montage and was one of the few people to get a studio audience applause.
How long is this clip? I'd love to see it. Is there any clips in the video set of The Muppets guest hosting the show? That's a terrific appearance.

jediX

Reaction score
No, its just a 5 second clip (w/o sound) of Jim & Dr. Teeth. I searched the Carson videos site and none of their other tapes have the guest host (although the Celebration of 30 years does feature part of this, and I know of people who have the complete appearance).