1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Replica Help Center

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Gerbert, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Just got mine today, really nice, better than ever expected!

Thanks again for the heads up! :)
  2. TML

TML Active Member

This thread kinda died didn't it? Gerbert, what's up with other tutorials?
  3. Gerbert

Gerbert Member

No It Did'int die. Just hard at Work Writing down Step by Step by Step for You Guy's while Building at the Same Time. Ugh
  4. HamHock

HamHock Member

Excuse me, Gerbert, does Lunas Puppets except PayPal?
  5. HamHock

HamHock Member

BTW, love Ifest performance!
  6. Gerbert

Gerbert Member

Yes.. Lunas Puppets accept's PayPal..
  7. Scvsnare9

Scvsnare9 New Member

8. gojira54rules

gojira54rules New Member

Great Job On Your Elmo! :)
  9. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Fantastic! Is this from Luna's?
  10. Scvsnare9

Scvsnare9 New Member

Yeah this is from lunas.conditioned the fur added the nose and redid the pupils
  11. Scvsnare9

Scvsnare9 New Member

I may shave him down around the head and arms. So he doesnt look so bulky
  12. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Excellent job, I still have mine as well. How did you condition the fur without pulling it apart???
  13. Scvsnare9

Scvsnare9 New Member

Used stiffen stuff. Really good fabric stiffener
  14. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

I actually used that around the mouth sometimes to keep the hair from sticking up, never thought to use it on the whole puppet!
  15. Scvsnare9

Scvsnare9 New Member

16. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Nice job! I never shaved mine, but the stiffener worked out excellent. I did the same thing and removed some of the foam, I also removed the arms and shortened them a bit, while they were off I thinned them out as well and added wire to the fingers. I then added an insert for arm rods instead of the hooks that it came with.

Luna does great work, but they were not really sold as Elmos, so some nips and tucks here and there really make a difference. I'm going to do the legs next.....

Did yours come with the ventriloquist entrance as well?
  17. charlie bird

charlie bird Member

Well I just turned 14 and was obsessed with ''Gerbert'' when I was little ,so I cant believe I even get to talk to the performer of him.So, Youre shows are kinda what got me verry interested in puppetry.Well that and my mother was the puppet director at our church.So I am just so thrilled to have even tallked to you ,even if not in person:)!
    ps:Did you make Gerbert?
  18. Scvsnare9

Scvsnare9 New Member

heres mine in action!

19. TML

TML Active Member

excellent voice!