Muppet Robin Hood and Farscape: Strange Detractors compilation books out now.

dwmckim

Reaction score
For those who have been waiting for the books to come out compiling the four issue arcs of Muppet Robin Hood and the second Farscape arc, "Strange Detractors" - both these compilations books came out today.

Unlike the first collection of The Muppet Show comics and the first Farscape collection book, these both include all the covers (including the rarer varients) for each issue in a cover gallery at the end. Some people might like this but personally, i found this to be a disappointment. I already know what each cover looks like thanks to the web so it didn't really feel like these had any neat "extras" - whereas the original Muppet Show collection had the rare stuff Roger Langridge had drawn prior to issue #1 and the first Farscape book had these awesome story notes Rockne O'Bannon had written which KRAD worked from in shaping his ideas into comic format - this was especially missed and a letdown to not have included.

It kind of felt like when a new version of a previously released Muppet/Henson dvd gets a rerelease and there are no new bonus features. The first Muppet/Farscape books set a high standard for extra pages material and the cover gallery just fell flat to me. Again i know others will disagree but when it comes down to it, having them included was just "nice" - not an "OH WOW!" like each book's predecessor had included.

This was particularly disappointing because based on the distribution of pages, it would have been fully possible to include SOME kind of extra goodie. All they had to do was include the covers before each "chapter" like they did before and get rid of some of the wasted pages (blank pages in Farscape, giant reproductions of panels in Robin Hood - these were so obviously filler pages so why not actually ... well... FILL them with something cool?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to check these out for myself... but I'm guessing that Robin Hood didn't really have all that extra to add to begin with. The TMS comics had that test run promo comic to add to the end... I don't think there's anything Robin Hood could have added... but it sounds like it could have used some concept sketches and rough storyboard pages...

But even then, for those who were avoiding the robin hood comics due to the artwork and negative vibe it received here... 10 bucks for the whole magilla... and you can read it all in one sitting as well. Still a good deal.