Muppet Scale

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------
DQM, so far so good...but WHAT ARE the powers given to the Muppets by Sam? I'd really like to know exactly what they're doing to keep the city safe...show me! And hey, how did Sam even have stuff that cool to give away? :attitude: I did like Gonzo thinking the power to destroy the world was cool...good ol' Gonzo!

Show me more of the action. Why are the Gentlemen being lauded in the papers? If they're superheroes, why do they lounge in nightclubs out in the open, and why aren't the paparazzi following them home? (I smell dirty socks...oh, wait, that's just Fleet.) The relationship between Scooter and Susie looks good, but I'd like a little more depth to it; maybe give them their own scene? And why can't our heroes fall in love?

I don't know the album you based this on; while there's certainly nothing wrong with doing so (I use lots of in-jokes in my own fic) you shouldn't feel constrained by that format. Expand your characters a little more, show us some psychology, get deeper into the whole thing! I think you have the ability to do so; don't hold back and don't be afraid of what anyone else will think. Keep writing! :smile:
------------------------

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
--------------------------
DQM, so far so good...but WHAT ARE the powers given to the Muppets by Sam? I'd really like to know exactly what they're doing to keep the city safe...show me! And hey, how did Sam even have stuff that cool to give away? :attitude: I did like Gonzo thinking the power to destroy the world was cool...good ol' Gonzo!

Show me more of the action. Why are the Gentlemen being lauded in the papers? If they're superheroes, why do they lounge in nightclubs out in the open, and why aren't the paparazzi following them home? (I smell dirty socks...oh, wait, that's just Fleet.) The relationship between Scooter and Susie looks good, but I'd like a little more depth to it; maybe give them their own scene? And why can't our heroes fall in love?

I don't know the album you based this on; while there's certainly nothing wrong with doing so (I use lots of in-jokes in my own fic) you shouldn't feel constrained by that format. Expand your characters a little more, show us some psychology, get deeper into the whole thing! I think you have the ability to do so; don't hold back and don't be afraid of what anyone else will think. Keep writing! :smile:
------------------------
Thank you, and, I'm goign to have a chappie that covers their powers very soon! also, they hang around in night club mainly b/c in the mini-movie of the music album thats what the gentleman do after they clean up the city xD

Action you say? Don't worry, action is on it's way! And, also, they have no secret identities, they're in super hero form all the time.

Scooter and Susie get lots of 'chapter time' if you will in the upcoming chaps.

Also, the reason our heroes can't fall in love is also a secret that will be revealed in time ;D

Thank you for the review :big_grin:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Chapter 4: A lurking evil awaits, could a broken rule have sealed this fate?

“Do you think if we were to describe our powers to Piggy during our interview we'd get into trouble?” Kermit posed the question.

“Kermit, that's what you think isn't it?” Fozzie asked.

“I didn't say that...”

“Ah, but you were thinking it!” The bear smiled, being a mind reader sure was fun.

“C'mon Kermit, what Sam told us is straightforward.” Gonzo had a much more laid back view of the set of rules.

“You're right Gonzo! Now, how about we get back to training...”

“Kermit?” Fozzie asked.

“What is it Fozzie?”

“You're thinking about the interview, what we should say and that we should be training but it can wait a while, right?”

“Right...so, what would we say?”

“We've all got four powers in common: telekineses, super strength, flying and super speed. And then we've all got a unique ability.” Gozno flew up into the air and did a back flip.

“I have psychic abilities!” Fozzie could in fact read minds, control minds, send messages to them and think about something and have it happen, this part of the power was in synced up with his telekineses.

“I've got super elasticity!” Gonzo stretched one of his arms all the way to the kitchen to grab a soda while still in midair.

“And I...” Kermit looked down, he wasn't as proud of his unique gift as his friends. “I've got that supersonic cry, supersonic ribbit rather.”

“Training's back on!” Gonzo stretched his legs and was now at least 6 feet tall, he threw his soda can at Fozzie.

Fozzie stopped the soda can with telekineses, made a fist with his free hand thus crushing the can and causing soda to fly everywhere. “Oops.”

“I've got it.” Kermit used his supersonic cry and the house started to shake, the windows rattled and the soda all over the furniture was gone! In its place were sparkles that resembled diamonds. They had noticed this from the very beginning, even asking Sam about the diamond sparkles, but he told them not to worry about it.

“Boy, this is fun!” Gonzo went back to his normal height. “We should train with some flaming hoops!”

“Maybe not in the house.” Even Fozzie didn't think recking the place was such a great idea.

The power in the house went out, “And that's why I don't like using that supersonice ribbit of mine...” Kermit felt embarrassed, this was the second time he'd made the house black out!

“Hello gentleman.” The television clicked on and there was Sam.

“What are you doing on our television?” Gonzo asked.

“I am here to warn you. There is an evil lurking...” Sam started to explain.

“Where?” The gentlemen asked in unison.

“I was getting to that! It is right in the city and it might be closer than you think.” Sam looked at each of them, however, he stared at Kermit for the longest.

Fozzie tried to get a read on Sam's mind, but was blocked. “Ouch!”

“It is very impolite to try and read the mind of a commanding officer.” Sam scolded the bear. “Be wary of the evil. I can't say when exactly it will release itself, but, be careful. That is all gentleman.”

And with that the screen went blank, the lights flicked back on and the gentlemen were left wondering what the evil could be...Kermit's first thought was Piggy.

“No, not her! Not her!” Kermit held his head in his hands.

“Kermit are you alright?” Fozzie had stopped reading minds for the moment.

“No...I'll be back later! Train without me if you want!” Kermit ran out of the house at full speed.

“That is one crazed frog!” Gonzo shook his head.

“At least he isn't hopping mad!”

“Piggy?” Kermit knocked on her door.

“Oh Kermie...what a surprise!” Piggy was a bit caught off guard by this visit, but, happy nonetheless.

“I had to come and see you.”

“Come in mon cher.” Piggy lead him inside and to her living room. “Have a seat.”

Kermit sat down next to Piggy, “Thank you Piggy.”

“So, what shall we discuss?” Piggy scooted closer to her frog.

“I wanted to talk to you about that interview.”

“What about it?”

“Fozzie, Gonzo and I would be happy to do it!”

“Oh Kermie!” Piggy hugged him. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

“P-piggy...I c-can't breathe!”

“Oh, pardon moi!” She let go of him.

Kermit had wanted to bring up Sam, tell Piggy all about him, each and every rule, and everything else! He just wished he could be a lot more honest with her.

With Kermit gone, Gonzo and Fozzie decided to go ahead and train. Gonzo's definition of training, which Fozzie had no objections to of course, involved throwing random objects at each other and either crushing them, saving them or combinations of both.

“Banana, box of explosives and the mop!” Gonzo threw these things at Fozzie.

Fozzie quickly froze the three in the air, crushed the banana, lowered the mop to the ground and defused the explosives using his mind and then crushed the box as well.

“Your turn Gonzo!” Fozzie chose some objects for Gonzo to take on.

“Bring it on!”

“Giant whoopee cushion, samurai swords, and...the lamp from the living room! But, save the lamp!” Fozzie sent the items flying at Gonzo.

“Here I go!” Gonzo stretched his arms to get the samurai swords, he slashed the whoopee cushion with them, crushed them with his strength and managed to save the lamp with telekineses. “That was a close one!”

“Did you hear that?” Kermit asked.

Piggy heard glass being tapped, she was about to go towards the sound when Kermit stopped her.

“Wait here.” Kermit ran towards the sound to find two fellows dressed in black from head to toe.

“Oh no, it's on of those guys!” Said one of the assailants.

“Not just one of them!” Gonzo pushed one of the assailants down.

“But all three of us!” Fozzie pushed the other one down.

“Good 'cause we brought company!” A few more assailants appeared.

“Fozzie, Gonzo, let's take these guys down!” Kermit went to punch the baddie closest to him.

“That all ya got frog?” He dodged Kermit's punch.

“You should always keep your eyes on your opponent!”

“What?”

Before he could get out a full thought, Kermit was behind him and had knocked him out! Gonzo was quick to stretch and arm and swept the others down!

“Guys there are more!” Fozzie warned as he tangled with a few more himself.

Fozzie decided the quickest way to knock these guys out was to fill their minds with his jokes, so he did.

“That's all of them isn't it?” Kermit looked to Fozzie and Gonzo.

“Not quite!” One more assailant showed up, however, this one was clearly female and bird of some sort. she was also dressed in all black, only her wings were exposed.

“We don't hit girls.” Fozzie held up both of his hands.

“Well, you're in luck gentleman. I'm a woman.” She crossed her wings.

“Who do you work for?” Kermit asked.

“None of your business.” She flapped her wings and sent a vortex of wind and various debris straight towards the guys.

Fozzie tried to read her mind, hoping to get an idea of her next move, but, he was blocked from doing so! He put up a telekineses force field and the others followed suit.

The lady bird flapped her wings harder, creating a much bigger vortex this time.

“I've got an idea!” Gonzo stretched his legs and became taller, he pulled the vortex towards himself with his telekineses, and then sent it back at the bird!

“Ah!” She was buffeted by her own attack. “Take this!” Flapping her wings again, this vortex was significantly bigger than the others.

“Gentlemen, let's take this one out together!” Kermit started with a telekineses force field, combining it with Fozzie's and Gonzo's, but, the vortex blew right through it!

“What do we do now?” Fozzie asked. This was getting difficult, He couldn't read her mind at all, let alone attack her like that, their combined telekineses wasn't working.

“Kermit, you should use your secret weapon!” Gonzo meant the supersonic cry.

As much as Kermit didn't want to, he had no choice, he used his supersonic ribbit, which not only broke the vortex, but also broke quite a few of Piggy's windows. The lady bird was now on her knees, trying use her wings as a shield from the sound of the ribbit.

“I can't tell you who I'm working for, but I will tell you this: If you don't start following the rules you will be sorry!” And with that, she disappeared.

“Piggy, are you alright?” Kermit ran at full speed back to her and reached out and held her hands.

“I'm fine Kermie, thank you.” She pulled her frog close, “What happened?”

“Some bad guys tried to break in.” Fozzie started to explain.

“But, we took care of them!” Gonzo added.

“Kermit would never let anything bad happen to you!”

“Fozzie!” Kermit would have blushed as Fozzie had just shared one of his exact thoughts with Piggy.

Piggy pecked Kermit's lips and turned to face Fozzie and Gonzo, “Thank you, all of you, for protecting moi.”

The gentlemen made their way home and had decided to call it a night. But, Kermit couldn't sleep. At this point, he was convinced that Sam was trying to have Piggy taken care of...permanently. Kermit had no doubt that Piggy could have taken out the one with out powers herself, but if he hadn't been there and if Fozzie and Gonzo hadn't shown up...The frog shook his head, thinking like that wasn't helpful for anyone or anything. Piggy had his heart, and if he was breaking a rule so be it. He'd protect her at all costs and by any means necessary. He was a hero, granted powers to protect others, and he would do just that.

Notes: Who is this bird of prey as we'll call her? Is she indeed working for Sam? What will be the evil that arises? Kermit is well aware of the fact he's breaking a rule...what will that mean for our heroes? You will find out soon my dears!

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Teehee! I was convinced the Lady Bird was Camilla(?) x)

I pity Sam-- and no doubt on Kermit, Kermit is a pig Miss Piggy's magnant. xD

Can't wait for the future installments, sis. Great job! :smile:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Teehee! I was convinced the Lady Bird was Camilla(?) x)

I pity Sam-- and no doubt on Kermit, Kermit is a pig Miss Piggy's magnant. xD

Can't wait for the future installments, sis. Great job! :smile:
LOL nope, she's not Camilla x)

I feel for Sam too, and Kermit </3. But then again, they were just 3 simple rules...

Yes lol Kermit can attract all the lady pigs he wants but Piggy is his one and only <3

And thank you sis :smile: Moi is currently working on the next chappie :big_grin:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Piggy had just finished interviewing the gentlemen, the cameras had all gone off and now it was time to relax.

“Kermit, you remember Susie. And this is her fiancée, the station's gofer, and part-time photographer at The Hensonville Gazette.” Piggy introduced Kermit to Scooter.

“Hi, I'm Scooter!” Scooter shook hands with Kermit.

“Nice to meet you Scooter, Susie tells me you're a fan of ours.” Kermit recalled.

“You bet! You three are the best thing that's come to the city in a long time! Mind if I get some photos?”

“Not at all, right guys?” Kermit looked at his friends.

“I'm in!” said Gonzo.

“Me too!” Fozzie agreed.

After the pictures were done, Kermit pulled Piggy aside, feeling it was about time he said something about the other night. Sure he and the guys had agreed to pay for her busted windows and maybe they had saved her from those assassins, but, still.

“Piggy?” Kermit looked deep into her eyes, almost forgetting everything he was about to say.

“Yes, Kermie?”

“About the other night...I...”

“Kermie, don't. You are not at fault.”

“But I am Piggy! You're in danger all because of me and I...”

“What are you trying to say?” Piggy felt herself back away from him a bit, she thought she knew exactly what he was going to say. She'd heard this speech quite a few times, just worded differently.

“That...” Kermit was about to say what she expected him to when he realized the power of the words he was about to utter. He loved her too much to walk away, and he wasn't about to do that. “I'm sorry to be putting you through things like this and I will protect you no matter what.”

Piggy hugged him, she was overjoyed that he hadn't broken things off with her.

“So, what are your plans with Kermit this weekend?” Susie smiled as she began tiding up the office.

“We haven't made plans just yet, what about vous and Scooter?”

“We're going to watch movies at his apartment. I hate horror movies and they're his favorite, but he holds me through them.” Susie hugged herself and closed her eyes, pretending it was Scooter who was hugging her.

“How sweet!”

Susie watered the plant in the office, “Hey, Piggy, c-could I ask you a question?”

Piggy nodded and waited for Susie to ask.

“Well, Scooter and I finally set a date for our wedding and I was wondering if...” Her cheeks went red, “If you would be my maid of honor.”

“Susie...of course!” Piggy hugged her assistant.

“Thank you Piggy!” Susie hugged her back. “So, you'll come with me to look at wedding dress?”

“What kind of maid of honor would moi be if I didn't?”

“Um, Piggy, its about time for lunch and Scooter is doing some on location work today and I promised I'd go to his apartment and feed Muppy. There's a cute little cafe right by his apartment building. I could pick up lunch from there. I'll be back in 20 minutes, 25 minutes tops!” Susie felt herself sweating.

“You're on the clock Susan!” Piggy teased as she used Susie's full name.

Piggy hit her left elbow on her desk, but it was no big deal, that happened every now and then. However, this time she'd split the desk in half.

“Susan?”

“Yes ma'am?” Susie was just about to leave.

“Could you order a new desk for moi?”

“I'm on it!” As shocked as she was, Susie could freak out about the desk splitting in half later.

“Wren, you clearly did not understand the nature of my plans!” Sam was unpleased to say the least.

“What is that supposed to mean?” The lady bird before him crossed her wings. “You gave me an order and I tried to carry it out!”

Sam covered his face and shook his head in disapproval, he was at a loss right now. He knew that if not Fozzie and Gonzo, Kermit was suspicious of him by now and that suspicion would only bring him to further break the rules. It was too late now, the evil Sam had warned of was already starting to rise.

“Wren, you're fired!” Sam didn't look up at her, he just couldn't. This was the second time he was telling Wren she was fired, but her meant it this time.

“Here's your aspirin ma'am!” Susie handed Piggy aspirin and a glass of water.

“Thank you Susie!” Piggy quickly took the pills.

“Still with the headaches?” It had been quite a few days and Piggy had been asking Susie for aspirin before broadcasts, after broadcasts and during commercial breaks as well.

“Yes...but it's not a head ache, it's my eyes...” Piggy pulled out a compact mirror and looked at her eyes. They looked rather blood shot and perhaps it was just her, but she thought the blue in her eyes was fading somehow.

“Eye pressure? I could run down to the pharmacy and get some...”

Piggy stopped her, “No, no dear. I'll be fine! I just have to power through the day is all!”

“Yes ma'am!” Susie had never questioned her boss before and wasn't about to start.

Susie was let off a few hours early and although she was grateful for it, she was still worried about Piggy and the headaches and eye aches or whatever they were. And the desk thing too...Right before Piggy had told Susie to take the rest of the day off, Piggy hung up her personal phone much too hard and had not only crushed the phone, but she'd totaled her new desk. She was at dinner with Scooter now, but putting the worry out of her mind was a lot harder than she thought.

“What's wrong Susie?” Scooter asked.

Susie continued to play with the pasta on her plate and looked up, “Piggy...she's been feeling sick for a couple of days and not sick as in a cold or flu. Her eyes have been bugging her.”

“That is weird! Does she have any idea why?”

“None at all.”

Susie frowned and although Scooter wished he could provide more comfort he decided to change the subject. “So, we're still on for dinner with my uncle on Sunday, right?”

“Yes...Is he going to bring up pre-nups again? Because he did that the first time he met me!” Susie was still embarrassed at that fact especially since she was Scooter's prom date when that happened.

“No, I talked to him already. There won't be any talk of pre-nups, lady wrestling, lady mud wrestling or anything of the sort.” He offered a smile.

“Scooter?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you!” She looked up and smiled at him.

“I love you too Susie.” Scooter smiled back at her.

Piggy awoke and sat up in bed, she just couldn't sleep. It was her eyes again, she decided to wash her face, grab a snack, maybe watch some late night TV and if she could then she'd get back to sleep.

She took off her sleeping mask and headed for her bathroom.

“HOLY MARACAS!” Piggy nearly jumped out of her skin.

“Scooter, I hate this part!” Susie buried her face in his shoulder, they were at Scooter's apartment now watching a horror movie and the unsuspecting young woman on the screen was about to answer her phone, only to come face to face with the killer.

“It's only a movie Susie!” Scooter assured her.

“I know, but that doesn't make it any less scary!” And that was when the telephone rang.

“Don't answer it's the killer!” Susie screamed in protest as the girl on the TV screen went to pick up the phone.

Scooter shook his head at her antics, wriggled out of their embrace and he answered the phone, “Hello?”

“Scooter, is Susan with you?” It was Piggy and she sounded quite serious, almost angry even.

“Yeah, why?”

“Be at my place in 20 minutes, there's a key under the mat, let yourselves in.”

“Piggy, what?” The phone line went dead as he was about to ask what was going on. “Susie?”

“Right here!” Susie peeked out from under the blanket she was using to shield herself from the on-screen terror.

“That was Piggy and it sounded like it was important!”

Susie threw off the blanket, Piggy could be in trouble!

“There you are!” Piggy ran to greet Susie and Scooter.

“Sorry we're late ma'am! For this time of night there was a lot of traffic!” Susie explained.

“That doesn't matter!” Piggy pushed up the sunglasses she had on, “We've got bigger problems!”

Susie pulled a note pad and pen out her purse and prepared for her boss to say anything at all. “Such as?”

“This!” Miss Piggy slowly took off her sunglasses to reveal her eyes, they were no longer blue. They were white, gleaming spheres, practically diamonds.

“Um...Scooter, any ideas?” Susie was at a loss.

“I've got it!” Scooter smiled, “Some friends of mine could help!”

Susie scribbled down the names Bunsen and Beaker on her note pad, “Good idea Scooter!”

Piggy put her sunglasses back on, “What about these friends of yours?”

“They're scientists! They'll know exactly what to do.”

“Hello Scooter, Susie! And what a pleasure it is to meet you Miss Sinclair! It's so exciting to have a celebrity in out midst, isn't it Beakie?” said Bunsen.

“Mee, meep!” Beaker nodded.

“Now, Scooter has informed us that you're having a bit of a problem...”

“A bit of problem?” Piggy threw off her sunglasses, “That isn't just a bit of a problem! It's a big one!”

Bunsen then realized this was serious, “Oh my...please come with us Miss Sinclair.” Bunsen led the way to the innermost part of the lab. “We'll have to run a few tests.”

“How long will this take Dr. Honeydew?” Susie asked glancing at her watch, “Piggy, Scooter and I have to be at work in...4 hours.”

“I'm not going into work like this!” Piggy protested.

“If you're not going, I'm not going!” Susie crossed her arms.

“No, Susie, you have to go! Or else they'll give Annabelle my morning and evening segments!”

“But how will they even consider me to take over your segments, even temporarily? I'm only your assistant!”

“Leave that to me Susie!” Scooter smiled, “My uncle will take care of it!”