Muppet Show DVD confusion!!

behemoth

Reaction score
Am I crazy, or wasn't there a Time Life Best of the Muppet Show DVD that included the Johnny Cash episode? I went to the Time Life website to see how many more Volumes I needed, and it turns out that the only one I don't have is the Tony Randall, Pearl Bailey, Beverly Sills Volume. But for some reason,when I first found out about the DVDs, I remember seeing one that had the Johhny Cash episode. Can someone explain this?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
behemoth said:
Am I crazy, or wasn't there a Time Life Best of the Muppet Show DVD that included the Johnny Cash episode? I went to the Time Life website to see how many more Volumes I needed, and it turns out that the only one I don't have is the Tony Randall, Pearl Bailey, Beverly Sills Volume. But for some reason,when I first found out about the DVDs, I remember seeing one that had the Johhny Cash episode. Can someone explain this?
The Johnny Cash episode was among the episodes recently released on video in the UK (but not in the U.S., and not by Time-Life).

I forgot which company it was that was supposedly picking up the DVD releases and adding 5 more volumes, but does anyone have any info on that?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

scarecroe

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
is this in english?
Yep, the United Kingdom speaks English :wink:, but their VHS standard is the PAL format so here in the US you would need a unit that plays and converst the PAL signal to NTSC.

I bought this set a year ago and haven't had the money to spend on such a system which I have only found as cheap as $400 :concern: As a result, I've not been able to watch them and there are 11 episodes out of the set that were not included in the Time-Life volumes :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't know if I posted this here yet or not, but it's a comic strip that I've done that fits into this conversation.

My characters, Muley the Mule, Buford the Dog, and Roy Duck stand around looking at a fish in a fish bowl.

Buford: What kind of fish is this?
Muley: It's a beta.
Roy Duck: Cool, do they come in VHS??

I love that one.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Did these come out on DVD aswell? if they did, you would be able to play them on almost any dvd player as most DVD players, atleast here in Australia convert and play both PAL and NTSC signals on any tv. My tv is supposed to be PAL only but it still plays my region 1 NTSC copy of the muppet movie, the DVD player is supposed to be only region 4 (Australia) but it plays American Region 1 Discs and I would think any other ones too, its not advertised as a multi region DVD player.

The DVD/Video manufacturers just want to confuse us all, with DVDs they should bring out the DVD properly the first time then they wont have to release another version of the same film later on, if you know what I mean.

Sorry for the slight topic change, Someone get me out of here, its 4am and ive been up since about 9am yesterday. I had better go to bed.

Goodnight,
from Paul
:smile: :concern:

scarecroe

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Did these come out on DVD aswell?
David mentioned early in the thread that he thought there might have been plans to release those volumes on DVD, but as of this time, not they have not.
drspy00 said:
if they did, you would be able to play them on almost any dvd player as most DVD players, atleast here in Australia convert and play both PAL and NTSC signals on any tv.
That's not the case here in the US. Only Region 1 discs will play on the DVD players available here unless you get a modified unit... which actually aren't too difficult to get a hold of and can be quite cheap.
drspy00 said:
The DVD/Video manufacturers just want to confuse us all, with DVDs they should bring out the DVD properly the first time then they wont have to release another version of the same film later on, if you know what I mean.
The reason why there are region codes in the first place is to protect copyright since laws vary from country to country.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
That's not the case here in the US. Only Region 1 discs will play on the DVD players available here unless you get a modified unit... which actually aren't too difficult to get a hold of and can be quite cheap.

The reason why there are region codes in the first place is to protect copyright since laws vary from country to country.
Thats the same here with all dvd players, multi region dvd players are available but we actually purchased a sony region 4 player but I got one region 1 dvd to test it and I have tried numerous ones and it works very well, no different to any other dvd.

I know copyrights etc are the reason for region codes, I was very tired and almost asleep last night, I dont know what I was doing still up at 4am. I am never going to drink coffee at 12.00am again, it keeps you wide awake for hours.

:smile: