1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show idea outline

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Gorgon Heap, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Dave only has scripts for his Rex Harrison outline which he wrote with Travelling Matt and his Ed Wynn outline which turned out as a script as he was writing it.
    As far as I know he has no immediate plans to expand any more of his outlines into scripts though if you ever decide you want to Dave I think that would be wonderful.
    But only if you honestly want to my friend. :)
  2. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

I'll give him some ideas for a Charro outline.

"It's The Muppet Show with tonight's guest star Charro!"

STYLE: Early Season One (circa Ruth Buzzi, Rita Moreno)

Fozzie: My pet elephant went to the car wash and he washes the car with its trunk! (SPECIAL: We can see the audience laugh at him.)
    Charro: Shown in Talk Spot set with Sweetums.
    Gonzo: "The Muppet Show" sign goes up in the air after Gonzo has beaten it.

Description:

Kermit gets jealous when Fozzie, Hilda, George, and Animal rave for Charro. In the end, Charro becomes jealous that she wants to be a frog. (Think the Peter Ustinov episode style.)

Opening Number: Floyd sings "Will It Go Round in Circles?" with the Electric Mayhem.
    Vet's Hospital (featuring Animal as the patient)
    Muppet News Flash: The Newsman reports on a male hippopotamus named Herbert escaping from the zoo.
    Sketch: Charro as a banker with Miss Kitty as the bank robber.
    At the Dance: Zoot with Janice, George with Mildred, Miss Piggy with a brown-haired pig, Snake Frackle with Sexy Muppet, and Animal with a Whatnot woman; dancing in the background would include Wayne with Wanda and Rowlf with a brunette dancer.
    U.K. Spot: A blue Whatnot (similar to the one from "Pachalafaka" song) sings "Windy" with Boppity in drag with wings.
    Conversation Panel: Kermit discusses "How do birds fly?" with Charro as Marcela Rodriguez, Miss Piggy, Brewster, and a whatnot.
    Talking Houses:
    House 2: My grandfather's not feeling well.
    House 1: Sorry to hear it. What happened to him?
    House 2: He's being condemned.
    Talk Spot: Kermit attempts to talk to Charro, but Sweetums shows up
    Wayne & Wanda would sing "In The Shade Of The Old Apple Tree" but the apples would start falling off the apple tree and onto Wayne nontheless.
    Fozzie's Act: Impersonations of TV Stars
    Closing Number: Charro sings "Touch Me in the Morning" with Janice, Piggy, and two female Whatnots as backup singers and Animal, Floyd, Zoot, Rowlf on piano, Boppity on guitar and Gloat on trumpet in the background.
    Goodnights: Kermit, Charro, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Hilda, George, and Wanda.

Note: Neither Gonzo nor Scooter should appear in this outline.

Hey, Dave, whaddya think about my ideas so far?
  3. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Hey TSF. I quite like your ideas and I'm sure Dave would agree that you have talent for fan fic writing inside you.

But don't you think you should have started a brand new thread for these ideas instead of putting them here in Dave's thread for his Billy Joel outline?
    I don't mean to put you down, it just seems more proper to me.
    Also instead of just giving Dave your ideas to work with why don't you consider having a go at doing something with them yourself? You could have more hidden talent than even you think.
  4. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Here and there I've been doing a bit of work expanding the Jose Feliciano outline into a script. Also, since the Johnny Rivers episode has full backstage scenes, it wouldn't take much to turn that one into a script (however some of those backstage scenes need to be trimmed/re-written, as toward the end I feel I went overboard with Hortense's unkindness, to the point of ludicrousness & loss of credibility). I could conceivably turn the Flip Wilson one into a script, and the Ed Asner one is pretty detailed so I'm sure I could script that one. Someone once suggested that I expand the Christopher Lee outline into a script.

More than likely I'll just be putting up more outlines before any of the above occurs. Most likely candidate for script expansion is still the Jose Feliciano outline. Something about that one just works for me, maybe it's the whole idea of S & W in the wings.

There's also just something about the visuals in the first half of Season Three that I respond to, organically. It's that organic response that enables me to visualize new scenarios in line with these establishes visual styles, motifs, and tones, and spin outlines out of them.

And Dave's yammering finally came to an end.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole