1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Muppet Show" mentioned in "People" magazine.

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by peyjenk, Jul 6, 2007.

1. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

The July 16 edition of People magazine has a full-page tribute to Beverly Sills, with two mentions of TMS. One is just a mention in the article that she guest starred on the show, but the other is way cool: Of the two pictures on the page, one is of Ms. Sills performing and the other is of her standing with Piggy! I thought it was very interesting, seeing how long and varied her career was, that they thought her TMS stint was important enough to mention twice.
  2. SweetMayhem

SweetMayhem New Member

That is pretty cool, I have to check it out. She was definitely an accomplished woman, but TMS was one of the few things she did that had a general mass appeal which is probably why they chose that picture. Thanks for the heads up!
  3. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

She didnt die did she? Thats cool thouse Ill have to check it out
  4. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Unfortunately, she did pass away. There is a thread somewhere around here about it. General Discussion, maybe.
  5. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

I thought it was a really great tribute to the Muppet Show that People would include Ms. Sills' Muppet appearance out of prolly thousands of pictures they have from her career. It just speaks volumes about how big an influence the Muppets have on the world.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! That awesome that that had The Muppet Show in that issue!