Muppet Show Murder Mystery Live Show?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Never heard of this. Sounds interesting, though.

Hubert

Reaction score
I just don't know what to make of it: is it authentic? It appears to be, but the low profile-ness of the whole thing makes me a tad cautious...

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
*facepalm*

Cookie Monster and Elmo are in those shadows.
Wow, you're right. And it appears that Kermit (I guess it's supposed to be Kermit, but with different hands) holding a knife. Looks like a parody.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Probably written by people who never seen the Liza Minnelli episode. lol I wonder if these people are going to get caught for copyright infringement. Or maybe they'll defend it calling it a parody or something. Are they going to be using parody puppets or costumes or Muppet merchandise puppets? Telling by the look of it, it looks like it's from non-fans who probably can't tell the difference between characters from The Muppet Show and Sesame Street. So what's the purpose of this, some fundraiser? WOW! lol I know of creepypasta trends but this is ridiculous. Though personally I prefer Meet The Feebles or a Robot Chicken parody myself. lol Or better yet, Brain Henson's upcoming film, Happy Time Murders I think it's called right? Can't wait to see that. :smile:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
In the description it said they are going to be wearing costumes. So.... no moving mouths for an hour.... how fun. :smirk:

I was wondering about the legal issues myself. Technically, they are getting money from a copyrighted brand that they do not have the rights to.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
In the description it said they are going to be wearing costumes. So.... no moving mouths for an hour.... how fun. :smirk:

I was wondering about the legal issues myself. Technically, they are getting money from a copyrighted brand that they do not have the rights to.
Like I mentioned, their excuse is most likely going to be "it's a parody" even though it doesn't state that on the promotional image obviously. Plus I'm sure the voice imitations are going to be terrible. If a video ever came out on the internet or a trailer, as long as it's not a bunch of pirated footage dubbed but instead actual footage of this thing, I'd like to see it just for a laugh. I'm sure it's going to be terrible. I don't even know if they actually wrote a script or it's just going to be a bunch of people in badly made Muppet costumes wrestling each other saying obscure things. It's not going to Broadway anytime soon. lol

For some reason, it kind of reminds me that Avenue Q is being licensed now to smaller theater groups. I remember my mother called me up and told me that Avenue Q was coming to my state and I was really excited because I seen it in New York and loved it and just wanted to see it again, especially in my area. I found the very paper in a local coffee shop and I was disgusted of what looked like a handmade rip off amature built puppet, it was very crude. I thought someone was illegally cashing in on Avenue Q so I contact Rick Lyon and told him that I'm a huge fan and I though someone was ripping his show off and I send him a link to the paper article and he told me not to worry, it's a licensed version of it for community theaters. Personally I like the real Avenue Q much better, unless there's a really good verson that features actual skilled puppeteers. Just my opinion.