Muppet Show Questions

P

Philip Kippel

1) In the Joel Grey episode, which muppets appeared/performed in "Comedy Tonight" and in "Razzle Dazzle"?

2) Which muppets sang "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" with Jim Nabors?

3) Which muppets sang with Avery Schreiber in his closing number?

4) Which monsters/muppets appeared in the cold opening of the Rita Coolidge & Kris Krisstofferson episode?

5) Which monsters/muppets appeared in the cold opening of the Leo Sayer episode?

6) In the Loretta Lynn episode, which muppets appeared in the special opening credits and which dogs sang "Oh Lonesome Me" with Loretta?

7) Which specific muppets appeared throughout the Spike Milligan episode as the 'people from 108 countries'?

8) Which muppets caught cluck-itis in the Roger Miller episode?

9) Which muppets sang "Sunshine on Your Shoulder" with Cheryl Ladd?

10) Which muppets sang "Swanee" in the Crystal Gayle episode?

11) Which muppets sang "Make 'Em Laugh" with Shields & Yarnell?

12) Which muppets sang "Sailing Down My Golden River" with Arlo Guthrie?

13) In the Dyan Cannon episode, which muppets performed "We'll Stay Right Here" and "Hey Big Spender" with Dyan?

14) Which muppets appeared in "Beyond the Blue Horizon" with Linda Lavin?

15) Which muppets sang "There’s No Business Like Show Business" with Phyllis Diller?

16) Which muppets performed in "Everything Old is New Again" with Anne Murray?

17) Which muppets sang "Smarter than Man" in the Joan Baez episode?

18) Which muppets sang "Side By Side"/"What Would We Do Without You" with Loretta Swit?

P

Philip Kippel

I'm still waiting for answers to the questions I asked above.

anathema

Reaction score
I'll try and fill in some of them :smile:

1. The chorus line in "Razzle Dazzle" featured: Janice, Floyd, Nigel, Crazy Harry, male pig, female dancer, Miss Piggy (or possibly a generic female pig), Animal, male whatnot, male pig, Zoot, female dancer.

2. Principally the Gogolala Jubliee Jug-band, plus: Catgut, Baskerville, at least three pigs and six chickens.

4. Scooter, Timmy Monster, Sweetums, Big Mama, and Luncheon Counter Monster.

5. Scooter, Behemoth and Luncheon Counter Monster.

6. Opening titles: Kermit, Fozzie, George, male whatnot (as a Station Porter), Floyd, Animal, Zoot, a chicken, male whatnot (as another Porter), Rowlf, Janice, female whatnot, chicken, Zelda Rose, dog, Mildred, chicken, Lou, bird, Annie-Sue, Koozbanian, Miss Piggy, Boppity, Swedish Chef, Luncheon Counter Monster, Sam, Mahna Mahna, beaver, Droop, mouse, Louis Kazagger, Strangepork, Jerry, Scooter, Dr Teeth, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry, pig (2), Uncle Deadly, male whatnot, Zeke, Lobbuck Lou and Gonzo.

6. Dogs: Baskerville, Rowlf and three unknowns.

Hope this helps!

P

Philip Kippel

Thanks for the answers so far, anathema.

Question #1 also asked for who appeared in "Comedy Tonight". Can you be able to answer that one too, please.

Also, who appeared in "Wilkommen"?

anathema

Reaction score
Well, I do have the episode, but I don't know the names of half the characters! I'll take a look through the Kermitage guide and refresh my memory, and then post some more for you :smile:

I do have copies of some of the other shows you're asking about, but unfortunately they're mute, and as I've never actually seen them, I can't easily identify the segments you're asking about. If you can give me some more details I can pin them down for you. The shows are: Spike Milligan, Cheryl Ladd and Shields & Yarnell.

I've also just remembered that I've got a copy of the Anne Murray show on tape somewhere - I'll dig this out and take a look at some point.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Originally posted by Philip Kippel
Thanks for the answers so far, anathema.

Question #1 also asked for who appeared in "Comedy Tonight". Can you be able to answer that one too, please.

Also, who appeared in "Wilkommen"?
All the first season monsters barring Behemoth and all the full-bodied monsters were in "Comedy Tonight" (Gorgon Heap was in it too). Svengali (from "You Do Something to Me"), Mary Louise (the little girl Muppet), a clown, and several Whatnots were in it too.

"Wilkommen"- I'll do this by table:
Mildred, Gonzo, and the Jerry Nelson Muppet
Wayne & Wanda
Zoot & Janice
Gloat and Droop
Dr. Teeth and 'Sexy Muppet'

The band- Muppy, Baskerville and Catgut
Two chorus girl pigs (not Piggy)

Kermit pops in to say one line as well.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Thanks again.

Now, can I please have answers to the rest of my questions?

BlueAM

Reaction score
Good description of "Comedy Tonight", Gorgon Heap! I saw the Joel Grey episode twice, only when I was about 7. So, I wanna know:

Could you describe what type of Whatnot the clown in that number was? Be sure to name any other Whatnot Muppets that had the same head as him.

Also, could you describe what the other Whatnots in that number looked like (other than Svengali and Mary Louise)? Do your best!

Thanks!

BlueAM
"Something appealing, something appaling,
Something for everyone, a comedy tonight!"

anathema

Reaction score
The clown bore a striking resemblance to the Mary Louise puppet.