Muppet Show--Who appeared in the goodnights?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
#21 Twiggy: Twiggy, Kermit, Uncle Deadly, Hilda, Gonzo, Fozzie, Featherstone, King Rupert

#26 Zero Mostel: Zero, Kermit, Sam, Big Mama, Boppity

#27 Milton Berle: Milton, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Zelda, Link, Beautiful Day Monster

#28 Rich Little: Rich, Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Big Mama, Mildred

#40 Cleo Laine: Cleo, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Swedish Chef, Scooter, Boppity

#48 Cloris Leachman: Cloris, Kermit, Gonzo, pigs, Kermit Pig

#88 Jonathan Winters: Jonathan, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, woman, Gypsy, alien

#115 Chris Langham: Chris, Kermit, Scooter, Gonzo, penguins, pigs, Rizzo

P

Philip Kippel

More additions:

#3 Joel Grey: Joel, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Wayne, Wanda, banana, Beautiful Day Monster

#4 Ruth Buzzi: Ruth, Kermit, Robot Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Hilda, Wayne, Scooter, beach ball

#6 Jim Nabors: Jim, Kermit, Scooter, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Gonzo, Wanda

#8 Paul Williams: Paul, Kermit, Thog, Sweetums, Fozzie, Wanda, Scooter, Piggy, Floyd

#9 Charles Aznavour: Charles, Kermit, bread, Gonzo, Hilda, Fozzie, Piggy

#10 Harvey Korman: Harvey, Kermit, Muppy, Fozzie, Hilda, Piggy, T.R. the Rooster, 2 chickens

#11 Lena Horne: Lena, Kermit, Piggy, Hilda, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, Muppy

#12 Peter Ustinov: Peter, Kermit, the hatrack, Fozzie, Sam Eagle, Bunsen, Piggy, Hilda, Scooter, Gonzo, Cynthia Birdley

#13 Bruce Forsyth: Bruce, Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Hilda, George, 2 pigs

P

Philip Kippel

Even more additions:

#15 Candice Bergen: Candice, Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Scooter, Gonzo, Hilda, Gloat

#16 Avery Schrieber: Avery, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Bunsen, Hilda, Shakey Sanchez

#17 Ben Vereen: Ben, Kermit, Fozzie, Crazy Harry, Scooter, Hilda, Droop, fish-like Fazoob

#18 Phyllis Diller: Phyllis, Kermit, Fozzie, Hilda, Piggy, Floyd, Zoot, green Hugga Wugga alien

#20 Valerie Harper: Valerie, Kermit, Statler, Fozzie, Scooter, George, Hilda, Gonzo

#22 Ethel Merman: Ethel, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Scooter, Hilda, Floyd, Uncle Deadly, two-headed singer

#23 Kaye Ballard: Kaye, Kermit, Floyd, Zoot, Trumpet Girl, Animal, Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, George, Hilda

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Add Gonzo to the Bruce Forsyth listing and (it took me a gazillion viewings to spot this) a Paul Williams Muppet to the Paul Williams listing (if you look closely, one of the Paul Muppets is next to Floyd, standing upstage of him or behind him on the screen- you can just see the blond hair and blue jacket).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Regarding the green Hugga Wugga alien appearing in the goodnights in the Phyllis Diller episode, I couldn't seem to find him.

I know someone said that he's there (maybe Gorgon Heap said it), but a little help would be very much appreciated.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Regarding the green Hugga Wugga alien appearing in the goodnights in the Phyllis Diller episode, I couldn't seem to find him.

I know someone said that he's there (maybe Gorgon Heap said it), but a little help would be very much appreciated.
We've never nailed this down completely, but if you watch, just before it cuts to the orchestra, there's this black feathery thing that moves up the right side of the screen, and if you freeze it, you'll see a little bit of green at the screen's edge. We presume that this is the green hugga wugga alien.

Same deal with Beautiful Day Monster in the goodnights of the Joel Grey episode- all you can see is something blue and fuzzy behind Fozzie's head, and for a split second, something that may be an eye. The fur is too thick to be Zoot's hair, and too fuzzy/curly to be Boppity, thus people (including me) assume it's BD.

If only there were some still pics of the goodnights for ALL the episodes. Hmm, maybe there are.

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
We've never nailed this down completely, but if you watch, just before it cuts to the orchestra, there's this black feathery thing that moves up the right side of the screen, and if you freeze it, you'll see a little bit of green at the screen's edge. We presume that this is the green hugga wugga alien.
I did see that feathery thing. That's what I was thinking was the green Hugga Wugga alien.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
I did see that feathery thing. That's what I was thinking was the green Hugga Wugga alien.
I wonder why they did it that way. I'll bet that the puppeteer had intended to have the character's whole face in the frame but must've been standing just a bit too far out and then they didn't have time to reshoot. Probably the same deal with Beautiful Day Monster in the Joel Grey episode, they probably didn't intend to hide the character but didn't have time to do another take just to make one puppet more visible.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
#25 Don Knotts: Don, Kermit, Fozzie, Scooter, Floyd, Zoot
#29 Judy Collins: Judy, Kermit, J.P. Gross, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, bat, Harold Woodpecker
#39 Lou Rawls: Lou, Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Scooter, two Sleeze Brothers
#42 Jaye P. Morgan: Jaye, Kermit, Fozzie, Scooter, Gonzo, J.P. Gross
#44 Petula Clark: Petula, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Mickey Moose, Droop
#46 Teresa Brewer: Teresa, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Scooter, Gonzo, monster hand
#49 Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge: Kris, Rita, Kermit, Piggy, Scooter, Gonzo, two chickens, two Spanish dancers
#50 Leo Sayer: Leo, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Annie Sue, bear, fox, beaver
#51 Roy Clark: Roy, Kermit, Fozzie, Singing Firemen, T.R. Rooster, goat, chicken, fox
#54 Jean Stapleton: Jean, Kermit, Crazy Harry, Annie Sue, Gonzo, Fozzie, pig photographer
#56 Loretta Lynn: Loretta, Kermit, Scooter, Lou, Zeke, two Arabs, train conductors, Baskerville, Gonzo, Fozzie, Bubba
#58 Marisa Berenson: Marisa, Kermit, Piggy, Lew Zealand, Gonzo, Annie Sue, two frogs, Russian pig
#60 James Coco: James, Kermit, short people, Scooter, Fozzie, Gills Brother, showgirl, Robin, male dancer
#61 Helen Reddy: Helen, Kermit, Annie Sue, Sopwith, Arab, Beauregard, soundman, Fozzie, French pig
#63 Lesley Ann Warren: Lesley, Kermit, Dog Lion, Link, Fozzie, Les, Lee, and Warren, Leslie and Warren, nightclub patron
#65 Spike Milligan: Spike, Kermit, Sam, Gramps, Bubba, Baskerville, Mahna Mahna, Frank Oz Muppet, hula girl, two Chinese men, two Russian pigs, Gramps, Lubbock Lou, Shakey Sanchez, witch doctor, rat
#67 Elke Sommer: Elke, Kermit, Beaker, Piggy, Beauregard, Louis Kazagger, two Egyptian handmaidens, Egyptian rower
#69 Roger Miller: Roger, Gonzo, Chicken Kermit, Chicken Fozzie, Chicken Scooter, Chicken Floyd, Chicken Piggy, Chick Robin, two chickens
#71 Lynn Redgrave: Lynn, Kermit, Lew Zealand, Louis Kazagger, Merry Men, Scooter, Gonzo, pig knights, Fozzie, Piggy, Beauregard
#72 Cheryl Ladd: Cheryl, Kermit, badger, Beauregard, Robin, Fozzie, Scooter, Rowlf, Gonzo
#74 Crystal Gayle: Crystal, Kermit, Scooter, Link, Piggy, Gonzo, Beauregard, prairie dogs
#75 Shields & Yarnell: Shields, Yarnell, Kermit, Fozzie, Scooter, Gonzo, chickens
#76 Dyan Cannon: Dyan, Kermit, Piggy, Foo Foo, Janice, dogs
#80 Arlo Guthrie: Arlo, Kermit, Granny, two babies, guitarrist, the Swedish Chef, Piggy, Gonzo, Rowlf, Robin, chicken, turkey
#85 Dizzy Gillespie: Dizzy, Kermit, Fozzie, Beauregard, Sopwith, Scooter, sultan, 2 harem girls
#87 Anne Murray: Anne, Kermit, Fozzie, Dodo, Bunsen, Angus McGregor, 2 biker pigs
#90 Christopher Reeve: Christopher, Kermit, Piggy, Rizzo, rats, Link, Beauregard, crocodile, Scooter
#92 Carol Channing: Carol, Kermit, Piggy, Rizzo, Annie Sue, Link, male pig
#93 Doug Henning: Doug, Kermit, Fozzie, Robin, rabbits
#94 Andy Williams: Andy, Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, rat, cheeses
#95 Alan Arkin: Alan, Kermit, Fozzie, Bunsen, Beaker, rabbits
#98 Loretta Swit: Loretta, Kermit, Piggy, Link, Dr. Strangepork, Gonzo, Scooter, Fozzie, Rizzo, Beauregard, chicken, weasel
#99 Joan Baez: Joan, Kermit, Rizzo, rats, Beauregard, Piggy, Annie Sue
#100 Shirley Bassey: Shirley, Kermit, Bruno, Scooter, Fozzie, Gonzo, Link, three pig criminals
#106 Jean-Pierre Rampal: Jean, Kermit, Piggy, rats, children Whatnots, babies, Whaddayasay Bird
#108 Melissa Manchester: Melissa, Kermit, Annie Sue, bull, skiers, two Mutations
#112 Gladys Knight: Gladys, Kermit, grapes, Annie Sue, Gonzo, Scooter, the Swedish Chef, a male pig
#113 Hal Linden: Hal, Kermit, Fozzie, Statler, Waldorf, Gonzo, Janice, Rizzo, penguin, Robin, two chickens
#116 Wally Boag: Wally, Kermit, Rizzo, Gonzo, Annie Sue, cowboy, Scooter, Fozzie
#117 Johnny Cash: Johnny, Kermit, Jerry, Zeke, Bubba, Gramps, Rowlf, two chickens, bearded man, Big Tiny Tall Saddle, Piggy, Rizzo
#118 Buddy Rich: Buddy, Kermit, Piggy, Beauregard, Lew Zealand, Annie Sue, Scooter, Rizzo