Muppet Species

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA WOCKAWOCKA!!

(Funny saying THAT to someone...)

Hey,
It all depends on who you talk to at this point I guess. It is MY opinion that Gonzo was born on a distant planet, arrived here and assumed the role as a Frackle named Gonzo who, nearly 20+ years later discovers that he, and other Frackles, are part of a distant life form. I personally accept MFS as a part of the Muppets' chronology.

On the OTHER side of the coin, though, I would have rather they let Gonzo's history alone, since we've never questioned it, and re-ignited the flame of love between himself and Camilla.

Gosh! What ugly children THOSE would be...

Anyhow, I always try to find a way to fit the Muppet's chronology into story form, and so far accepting Muppet Babies is the hardest thing of all for me to fit into the story and/or to accept! I just don't like them.

FOZ

CousinLuke

Reaction score
Gonzo and Camilla would not necceceraly have ugly children, just all the males would be whatevers and the females would be chickens. That's what happened in MCC.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Kermit and Piggy.

Well, but the Kermit/Piggy kids were all extras because Kermit and Piggy don't really HAVE kids, they aren't married (Per Kermit, and JHC stands behind him), and so those were just players. Remember, MCC is a movie where they played other characters. It doesn't really fit into the story of the Muppets' History. Now, if Kerm and the Pig' DID have kids, well, I guess they'd be...

WARTHOGS!!

WOW! Now that was FUNNEE!!!
WOCKA WOCKA!!

CousinLuke

Reaction score
yeah, you are right. However Brian Henson says he did that not to fit into muppet cannon as much as he did not want toactually deal with the issue of what the kids would look like. I have a ffeling that if Kermit and Miss Piggy did have kids they would be similar to the MCC brand of Kids. The major difference is Robin would not be one of them. However I would guess that they never will have children so that they never really have to deal with the issue.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree on the whole Frog, Pig thing, too.

Then again, remember the green Kermit-pig on TMS? Spooky!!

wockawocka

Reaction score
:big_grin: Your right, I think that Gonzo's and Camilla's kids would look very weird. It wouldn't make sense is the males were whatevers and the feamles were chickens though. I mean, if you're a guy, do you look just like your dad? If you're a girl do you look just like your mom? Not usually, you would look like both of your parents. You have a point though, lol. Yeah, Muppet Babies doesn't really fit in, but I still think it's a really cool show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few entries in this guy's list that I liked and a few which are wrong, i.e. Sprocket's from FR not TMS. As for the subject of Muppet offspring:
1 Maybe someone should get a hold of the technological marvel used during the "If They Made It" segments on Late Night with Conan O'Brien to see just what Gonzo's and Camilla's children look like.

2 Regarding Kermit and Piggy, I'm reminded of the most realistic portrayal of a Muppet-based scene on Whose Line is it Anyway? During the scene Josie Lawrence tells Ryan Styles, her husband in the scene, that she's pregnant.
Josie as Piggy: "The little thing's pink, Kermie."
Ryan as Kermit: "Pink?!?"
Josie: "Yes, I'm going to have a little froggie piggy baby!"
Ryan: "You mean something's gonna' come out of there?!?", meaning Piggy's belly.
Josie: "Now be nice Kermie. Hee-ya!", as she motions to deliver a miniature karate chop.
The thing that makes this scene memorable is that this is the one Whose Line Muppet-based sketch where the actors best matched the voices of the characters they've been imitating unlike other attempts.

hdofu

Reaction score
Well this made me think of Homer words "Kind of like a mop, kind of like a puppet."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

2 Regarding Kermit and Piggy, I'm reminded of the most realistic portrayal of a Muppet-based scene on Whose Line is it Anyway? During the scene Josie Lawrence tells Ryan Styles, her husband in the scene, that she's pregnant.
Gosh, I should watch that show more often. Maybe I can catch that episode in syndication some time.