Muppet style fraggle puppet on ebay

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Are you sure it's made of Antron Dan? Looks like Polar fleece in the pictures. Certainly looks rather boobly.

Who made it? And which Muppet Workshops did they work for?

Puppetfur

Reaction score
Hello,
No Im afraid I didnt make this one myself, but it is new.
It is made of antron fleece, but I can see why you thought otherwise, the pictures arent great and they dont show off the nice sheen it has.
Im told the maker worked for the muppet workshop when it was in Borehamwood, in hertfordshire, Uk.

cheers,
Dan

Keeermit

Reaction score
i can't imagine a craftsperson who used to work for henson would create this, maybe they were the cleaner for the henson studios - this is not Henson work

Blink

Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Now let's be honest here. This is a puppet built by your company correct (Puppets Magic)? I would then suppose that either you built it or you know very well who did build it.

Not that you were "told the builder worked for Henson". I am confident that you know the exact details of the builder's "complete Henson experience". I am all for total honesty.

Best to come clean rather than did yourself deeper, don't you think?

I think that you are developing your own style and that sometimes comes in the form of "copying others". That pig you did a while back was clearly a design heavily influenced by Phil Fletcher's pig.

I can see that the puppet is made with antron, but you are still learning to work with it.

Now I don't want this to become anything harsh, from me or anyone else. I think honesty, comnplete honesty is the best policy. I have seen too many people screw up their chances of a successful puppetry career simply because they were not completely honest.

That is my streetwise, two cents.

Puppetfur

Reaction score
By no means am I trying to swerve the truth and I have been genuinly told that this has been made by a person from the muppet workshop. Now quite a few of you have suggested this isnt, I am contacting the person who I am selling it on behalf, and who has caused me this embarressment, he is someone who I have done puppetry work with before in my performing days. As I said this is not my creation and the simple reason for my company name being affiliated on the ebay template is due to my laziness of reusing a listed template that I used to sell my own puppets.

I can understand how this may be percieved as ungenuine, but it is incredibly hard to communicate fully on a computer than it is in everyday conversation.

I hope this helps shed some light on the situation and Id be happy to discuss further for clarification. As for now, Im removing the affiliation to my company and the suggestion that it was made by a person from the muppet workshop until I get a full explanation from this person.

Cheers,
Dan

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
I look forward to hearing further and think it is for the best that you removed the text until you know for certain either way.

Puppetfur

Reaction score
No I haven`t, James. I suspect hes being either very quiet or taking me for a ride since hes not replying to my calls.....

Cheers,
Dan