Muppet*Vision at Disneyland sign

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
Is it really true that Jim Henson's name is now no longer on the Muppet*Vision attraction at Disneyland? I read in Muppet Wiki that the sign as since been changed to drawings of a few characters and Jim's name is no longer on the sign?

Please say this isn't true! :concern:

Anyone have any pics they could share or let us know if this is indeed is true . . .if so, it's rather disheartening!

muppets2

Reaction score
mupet vision has been around for a few years and they have had his name on the sign it is probaly just a prototype or something

muppetperson

Reaction score
Is it really true that Jim Henson's name is now no longer on the Muppet*Vision attraction at Disneyland? I read in Muppet Wiki that the sign as since been changed to drawings of a few characters and Jim's name is no longer on the sign?

Please say this isn't true! :concern:

Anyone have any pics they could share or let us know if this is indeed is true . . .if so, it's rather disheartening!
sorry, yes it is true.Jim Henson's name has been removed not only on the sign, but everything, including merchandising labels.
This is to reflect that the Jim Henson company no longer own the muppets.Jim Henson's signature hasnt always been shown on muppets merchandise, even when Jim Henson was in control.
Here is the sign before:

And after:

Fluffets

Reaction score
I actually like the look of it but clearly there probably would be room for Jim's name on it, I mean it's almost like totally removing the sign because Jim is/was/always will be the core of the muppets.:attitude: Especially as this is one of the many great organic examples of his work up on display for our pleasure, it looks good too since I saw the whole 3d movie on youtube from somebody's camera.

muppets2

Reaction score
i saw it in person (when jim's name was on it) it was preety good and they had alot of merchandise for sale so u could probaly find some stuff on ebay:smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I never got to see the muppet vision sighn when Jim's name was on it , i had just heard that it use to be . The only one that i saw was the one that did not have it . I am so glad to be able to see both here on this thread . i had thought that it was odd that his name was not on it when i saw the sighn for the first time when i was at disneyland for the first time in 98.

Oh well it is one of those things that we have no control over unforcanatlly .

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I saw the original sign during the first Christmas it was open with Jim's name on it, and I do think it look's must better with his name present.

It's like taking Disney's name off of Silly Symphonies or the original cartoons. I get the reasoning behind it, what with Disney owning the Muppets now, but that doesn't change who original created them or made Muppet*Vision 3D.

muppets2

Reaction score
good point there but i saw it like right before disney bought the muppets and they were taking it down so i thought they might be buying them at the time