Muppet Wallpaper from 70s - Photos

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi, Last week I was soo happy to find 2 rolls of vintage muppet wallpaper in a shop in mint condition, its not enough to decorate a room but the muppet pictures sure are beautiful on it. I was soo happy because its very rare to find anything muppety in a shop here in Australia especially something like this. its got a nice texture too! I only paid less than 0.50c AUD so that works out to be less than 0.25 US cents.

here are some pictures I have just taken of it to share with you all.

Can anyone tell me anything about this? is it rare or anything, I dont mind, I love it anyway. Has anyone seen this before?

Enjoy!

Thanks,
Paul
:stick_out_tongue: :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I forgot to say, the pictures are only of some of the wallpaper but it includes all of the pictures featured on the wallpaper, I didnt unravel the other one but the roll is quite thick.
:smile: :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
That wallpaper is Beautiful. What are you planning on doing with it? I wouldn't want to put it up or use it, as you could never take it with you if you moved. Are you planning on mounting it on anything at all?

Nice website as well!!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would mount it on panels, and if it would work to clear coat it somehow that'd be cool, too!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
That looks great. It's even better than the one that I had on my walls in my room when I was a kid.
But I don't know anything about.

So now we can say that there are 2 different types of muppet wallpaper. I wonder if there are more than the 2 types.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Wow! What an awesome and lucky find!! :excited: You should frame it or something.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Beautiful Paul!

You're a lucky guy!

:halo:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
Beautiful Paul!

You're a lucky guy!

Im glad you all like the wallpaper, I was soo happy to get it, infact I couldnt believe it and had to look twice, I dont think twice when I see something muppety these days I just buy it if its not on ebay because its rare to see something of the muppets these days here especially the old stuff from the 70s and in that condition.

As to what I am going to do with it, I am definately not going to use it as wallpaer because I dont think there is enough and I dont want to waste it as its wrecked if you ever want it off the wall. It actually was 1 full roll along with about a 1 and a half metre long offcut which is still quite long but not a full roll. I am not going to even touch the other stuff, Ill just use the offcut, I now have it hanging down over one of my windows, the blinds never get opened with that window so theres no problem and it looks quite good, its the safest place as its away from any traffic in my room!

As there is only one main pattern of the wallpaper it could probably be cut and framed or something. I will keep my eyes out for any more of this stuff at all, I doubt I will find any more though, To think this is something someone just threw out and doanted it to a charity shop.

I have been on work experience for 2 weeks so have spent way too much time in the 2nd hand and opportunity type shops during lunch breaks, tomorrow sadly is the last day so I wont be able to get there everyday, maybe not again for a while. :sympathy:

I will hopefully find something good tomorrow!
:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
Beautiful Paul!

You're a lucky guy!

I guess that is a lucky find but most people on here are luckier, I mean, Phillip for instance is one of the luckiest guys around. Some of you have met muppet performers in person and even have autographs to prove it, thats something I think is lucky. Its also lucky to be the owner and creator of the msot popular muppet site in the world, like Phillip Chapman, You cant get much luckier than that!

:smile:

LadyHyde

Reaction score
To be honest, I'd kinda be afraid to go to sleep if I had that on my walls. :smirk:

But you did find something cool.