"Muppet Wizard of Oz" promos on ABC

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Woo-Hoo! First to report some Muppet news for once!

*Update: New Muppets Oz trailer!
Watching Harry Potter 2 tonight on ABC, and there was a new trailer for Muppets Oz.

Announcer: Get ready to experience a heart-warming tale... with a new twister.

Remember that due to my blind batty eyes I'm not the best for descripts myself but I can tell you what I heard.
Piggy seemed to be... well, funny.
You guys know when she was upset in the Brooke Shields and Lynn Redgrave TMS episodes that she wouldn't be the lead female heroine? Well, there was a line where Piggy was calling for Toto.
Then Kermit says "That's the last straw!"
Someone else then says: Found one.

There was another bit with cats in hats, a shot at Dr. Seuss, and Muppet cats appear wearing hats I guess.
And Kermit finished the trailer off with the signature "Only on ABC".
Hope this helps.

Was watching this movie cause I wanna watch it, and I am fright now while typing this.
Watching it to see the trailers to Goblet of Fire and the new series The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Kinda expected a Muppets Oz trailer, glad I saw it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, vhat fun! How vonderful!
That's 2, 2 vonderful Muppets of Oz trailers in one night!

Saw another trailer just before the hour, before they had a snipet of Goblet of Fire.
This second bit had...
Piggy, working out: Can you spot me?
Ashante: We're going to see the Wizard, he's going to make me a superstar.
Kermit: He's going to give me a brain.
Others gathered around them: Oooooh.

Pepe: What happens in Emerald City, stays ins Emerald City.
Will keep reporting if I see any other trailers.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
There was one on The Disney Channel last night during Monsters Inc. It featured a lot of clips (such as "Rats in Hats" and Kermit's last straw - literally). It was real nice and ended with the announcer stating the title and date/time and Kermit poping up to say the "Only on ABC!" Real good varity of clips and a decent lenght too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Seems like they reused the first one from tonight then. Seems like the one spotted last night during Monsters Inc. was the one they used tonight, at least the first one. This was the one with the rats in hats comment and Kermit's last straw.
The second commercial was the one with the stuff I said above. Don't think the time was mentioned, but the date was at the beginning of the bits. The first one was rerun a second time, but I didn't catch it in time and only saw the ending.
Have a great weekend everyone.