Muppet Workshop in NY

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the NY Workshop (or what is left of it) takes care of Sesame Street's puppet needs.

I've been told that with the new emphasis SST is putting on older characters (Grover, for instance) and the ever shrinking SST seasons, their new puppet needs have gone down and that lack of business contributed to the 'downsizing' of the Workshop (no work = no income = no paychecks).

Since SST now owns their Muppets, they are no longer contractually required to go to Henson for puppet building and refurbishing, but to my knowledge they have not looked else where yet. If SST's budget problems continue that could change, though (IMHO).

I think we all feel the loss of what the Workshop was and what it meant to the Muppets. Still, it's important to remember and celebrate that it existed at all. Jim Henson did a lot of great things and building that Workshop and gathering all of those incredibly talented people into one team is pretty high on that list.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beautifully said Annika. The Workshop crew has been such a vital part of Henson that it cannot be understated. They are some of the nicest and best people in the world. Right up their with the performers in my book.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Muppet Pro said:
I had a privite tour at The New York Muppet Workshop in 1998. :smile:
You are soo lucky! I wish I could have a tour, it would be a dream come true, I would be happy to meet anyone involved with the muppets in any aspect, I think they all are very talented people!

:smile:

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
You are soo lucky! I wish I could have a tour, it would be a dream come true, I would be happy to meet anyone involved with the muppets in any aspect, I think they all are very talented people!

I was just wondering what McDonalds Muppet stuff you managed to scap from Maccas?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
No1MuppetFan said:
I was just wondering what McDonalds Muppet stuff you managed to scap from Maccas?
Although this is quite irrelivant to the thread, lol. I managed to get all the toys of course and a couple of mint condition boxes aswell as some used ones which arent really much different, and I managed to get hold of one of the posters or signs they use to advertise on the menus at the counter and outside at the drive through, I hope I can get some more but I think I have left it a bit to late, The Muppt 25th anniversary logo is big on the poster and its made out of high quality plastic too so it would be ideal to cut out and add to a muppet display, I will do that if I manage to get some more.
Arent you the lucky one who managed to get one of those muppet theatre displays?

Sorry to anyone inconvenienced by me posting this in the wrong thread!

From,
Paul

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Although this is quite irrelivant to the thread, lol. I managed to get all the toys of course and a couple of mint condition boxes aswell as some used ones which arent really much different, and I managed to get hold of one of the posters or signs they use to advertise on the menus at the counter and outside at the drive through, I hope I can get some more but I think I have left it a bit to late, The Muppt 25th anniversary logo is big on the poster and its made out of high quality plastic too so it would be ideal to cut out and add to a muppet display, I will do that if I manage to get some more.
Arent you the lucky one who managed to get one of those muppet theatre displays?

Sorry to anyone inconvenienced by me posting this in the wrong thread!

From,
Paul
Yes I am. Could you please send a photo of the advertising poster?