1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

muppet x-mas movie mention in tv guide

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by the_great_gonzo, Sep 14, 2002.

1. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

In the new issue of TV Guide (the fall preview issue) there is a mention of the new Muppet Christmas movie. It says:

And this Christmas offers a special treat for Muppet fans: the gang's first TV-movie. NBC's Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (December) follows Kermit the Frog as he joins forces with an eccentric angel (David Arquette) sent by God (Whoopi Goldberg) to save the Muppet Theater from the evil landlord (Joan Cusack). Kermit calls upon his friends to stage a spectacular Christmas show. Snoop Dogg, Carson Daly and the cast of Scrubs make cameo appearances. Look for spoofs of It's A Wonderful Life and Moulin Rouge..

Awesome. I can't wait for this movie.
  2. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Heh, it does indeed sound like something to see. I see it going either 1 of 2 ways; an offbeat obscure movie that ties together well and is funny for all, or a total disarrayed piece of garbage with useless guest stars and cameos. Soon, we shall all find out. :D

-Matt
  3. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Whoopi Goldberg playing God???
  4. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

She can't even play the "Squares" very good!

Oy, enough Whoopi. (Wait, that can be taken wrong).

er, uh, yeah, no more watching Whoopi (darn it, that's not good either)!

OK, I have it, Whoopi is boring. (Aaaaa, DOH!!)
  5. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Another season, another reason for making (fun of) Whoopi.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Hey, youre not making fun of Hollywood Squares are you?;)
    What other show regularly has Muppets from all of the "Big 3" franchises?(Muppetshow, Sesame, and Bear)
  7. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

No No honey, I said she can't even play the squares well.
    But she'll be leaving them soon.

Squares are cool and I am a square!

*tries to get out of box*
  8. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

LoL...that deserves a Bronze Danish.. :)

-Matt
  9. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I wonder how that would taste.
  10. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Good question...noone has tried to eat my award before...let me know what the first bite is like. :)

-Matt
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Waaaaaiiiiit a second....how the heck did Joan Cusack get the theater? Where the heck is J. P. Grosse? Why the heck are they trying to cover up Scooter, huh?

Great! Scrubs....NBC PROMO!!!!! NBC PROMO!!!! Heeeeee- eeellll-eeellllpppppp!!!! Can't say I care for the guest stars (except Woopie)

I hope this can bring fans out of the MFS and KSY doldroms ( I'm probably the only one here who like MFS)
  12. towels

towels New Member

Re: Re: muppet x-mas movie mention in tv guide

Didn't you hear? He sold the theater to certain foreign interests...
    ;)
  13. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

i like MFS!

wonder when this is airing...not for a few months I suppose...
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Waaaaaiiiiit a second....how the heck did Joan Cusack get the theater? Where the heck is J. P. Grosse? Why the heck are they trying to cover up Scooter, huh?<<<

Not sure if the xmas NBC movie fits into "Muppet story continuum", so it could be a stand alone piece that doesnt fit in with the established JP Grosse storyline.
  15. towels

towels New Member

Besides that, isn't there potentially a difference between land owner and land lord?
  16. manoftheSTREET

manoftheSTREET New Member

Don't know if it's a typo or not...

but they mentioned this movie in Entertainment Weekly's Fall TV Preview, and they said that another Cusack would be in the movie.

Of course, I speak of John Cusack, he of "Better Off Dead" and "Say Anything" fame. Any word on whether he'll be in the movie as well, or is Joan the lone Cusack?

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff
  17. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Something tells me the Guide was wrong. I think the lone Joan was the only Cusack to be thrown the Muppet X-Mas movie bone (hehe, I'm a rapper..:))

John was in two of my fav. movies, "Gross Pointe Blank" and "Bullets Over Broadway." Two films that are both very very funny. :)

-Matt
  18. Lu775

Lu775 Member

19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know...J.P. Grosse's nose is red. Maybe he hit the bottle pretty bad.

And did anyone else notice that he had a small cameo in MTI?
  20. DrGoshposh

DrGoshposh New Member

You know, it's possible (speaking of the owner/landlord relationship) that one could own the theater, and the other one couild be the realtor who acts in the owner's intrest. Maybe J.P. is still the owner, but Joan acts as the owner while J.P. is away, or vice versa.