Muppeteer Cameos RIP

Iggy35

Reaction score
Well, the buttmunches at Tripod deleted my account today without warning saying the site was abusive!!
Anyone that can work that out, please let me know.
I had to format my computer recently so have no copy of the site to put back up.
Lovely birthday present to wake up to! :frown:

IGGY35

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh! :sympathy:

I'll miss that site

But still HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Iggy :big_grin:

How's things? :stick_out_tongue:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
That's a **** shame, it was a good site.
Maybe is was because it had screen graps it got deletet, but then again a lot of sites contains screen graps to so if thats the case then they should also be removed.
Or it could be that your site was to popular and then used to much bandwidth. And then it was considered an abuse of that.

You should send them a mail and ask of the reason way it was removed.

But any way Happy birthday.

Iggy35

Reaction score
Cheers folks.
Up till that point, Danny..I was great. :smile:
Heck, who cares,..Not like its the first time, huh? :wink:
I emailed em anyway and I got the following..

Hi
We had to close your account following a report of "copyright violation".

Regards

Richard
Lycos UK Ltd

---

So I said...

---

Copyright what exactly?
Nearly every TV Based website on Tripod has pics from the shows it portrays.
What makes my site so different?

---

Hi
I am not at liberty to go into this, but it was pointed out to us by an external company who has interests in the copyright.

Richard
Lycos UK Ltd

---

So there you have it,...the WHOLE net is due to reform back to text only if Lycos has its way.

IGGY35

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi, Thats really bad about your site, I dont think I ever even saw it but I know I would be really annoyed if it happened to me. I am in the process of building a muppet site of my own but its on my own webspace so it should be ok.

Arent we allowed to have any fun these days. Its getting beyond a joke with all these copyrights and political correctiveness and people sueing for stupid things. Whats the world coming to when a site about the muppets gets taken off?

I had a site ages ago about the muppets when I was quite young. It wasnt real good but I put lots of work in and its gone for good now, I decided to delete it ages ago and regret it.

There may be a way to get your site back, or atleast some of it. You could try and contact visitors to your site recently through muppet central forum and ask them to check their browser cache it may still be there, someone could have also saved it onto their computer.
you should check your cache it could be there!

Thanks,
Paul,
:smile: :sympathy: