Muppeteer Cameos

BEAR

Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to talk about some of our favorite (or not so favorite) Muppeteer cameos. To me, it is always fun to discover a Muppeteer show up in a scene from the Muppet movies or specials, etc. Sometimes I am surprised to learn about them because I don't always recognize the people. It is just nice to see these people sneak themselves into the scenes with their more famous counterparts.

One cameo that comes to mind is Jim Henson's appearance as the carriage driver in The Muppets Take Manhattan. You can barely see him because he is shown from so far away, but it is definitely him.

Anyone else?? :excited:

HPDJ

Reaction score
Jim, Frank and (I think) Golez are in the dinner party of GMC.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I've only seen Jim in that one. Where are Frank and maybe Dave?

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, I know Jerry Nelson does a walk on with his real life daughter in GMC. Their lines are what I use for my signature. I also remember Jim in the club, but where is Frank?

Jerry Nelson is also in MTI as Trelawney's butler who answers the door. Weird to see him without a beard.

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Jerry Nelson is also in MTI as Trelawney's butler who answers the door. Weird to see him without a beard.
Brian talks about that in detail on the MTI commentary.

Some of my favorite cameos: -Nelson in the park with his daughter, GMC
-Hunt as a cab driver, GMC
-Whitmire as a hippie, MFS
-Jim and Amy Van Gilder in the Dubonnet, GMC
-Jim's great appearance in MFC
-Frank Oz is in the El Sleezo cafe in TMM, which is only hilarious because he's in biker gear

Pino

Reaction score
In the Muppets take manhattan the daughters from Jim appear.... And one of the muppeteers is the jogger in the park. I forgot wheres and who´s ....mmm time to watch those movies again... Anyone up for a videomarathon! :confused:

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Brian talks about that in detail on the MTI commentary.

Some of my favorite cameos: -Nelson in the park with his daughter, GMC
-Hunt as a cab driver, GMC
-Whitmire as a hippie, MFS
-Jim and Amy Van Gilder in the Dubonnet, GMC
-Jim's great appearance in MFC
-Frank Oz is in the El Sleezo cafe in TMM, which is only hilarious because he's in biker gear
Sadly, Nelson's daughter never lived to see herself onscreen in GMC.

That Announcer, what does Brian Henson say about Jerry Nelson's cameo in MTI?

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Sadly, Nelson's daughter never lived to see herself onscreen in GMC.

That Announcer, what does Brian Henson say about Jerry Nelson's cameo in MTI?
Something to this effect:

"OK. That guy playing the butler there, that's Jerry Nelson, the guy who was doing Blind Pew there a minute ago. He shaved his beard for this role, which was kind of strange because he's famously bearded. Ha ha! This is the first time he shaved his beard in 20 years or something. And he asked me, he said, "Brian- should I shave my beard for this bit?" And I had to say, "Well, I wouldn't know what you'd look like, so I can't say!" And he started growing it again the very next day, so..."

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Something to this effect:

"OK. That guy playing the butler there, that's Jerry Nelson, the guy who was doing Blind Pew there a minute ago. He shaved his beard for this role, which was kind of strange because he's famously bearded. Ha ha! This is the first time he shaved his beard in 20 years or something. And he asked me, he said, "Brian- should I shave my beard for this bit?" And I had to say, "Well, I wouldn't know what you'd look like, so I can't say!" And he started growing it again the very next day, so..."
That's really interesting. Thanks, That Announcer! I always enjoy hearing behind the scenes stories and notes like that.