Muppeteer interviews at Film Threat

MikeWatt

Reaction score

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Just started reading through the Dave Golez interview...when did you write these? Have they been published before?

MikeWatt

Reaction score
These were written over a year ago, ostensibly for Cinefantastique Magazine. They never saw the light of day in the magazine, so I reworked and rewrote them to update some of the news for Film Threat. (Can't tell from your post if you dug it or not. <G>)

Mike Watt
www.hollywoodisburning.com

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Oh they're great Mike! I was a little tired when I posted that but I loved them. I put a link to them in my blog on Friday. Is the Hollywood is Burning magazine (or was it a zine?) I saw on your web site still published?

MikeWatt

Reaction score
Glad you liked them. Hollywood is Burning is a website I started when another I was working for officially went under. I had all these archived reviews (some of the first of my professional career) and I was darned if I was going to let them vanish. After a while my partners and I decided to make it a print thing, which comes out about once or twice a year - more of a "for filmmakers by filmmakers" thing.

The nice thing about working for Film Threat, though, is that they let me do things like writing about the Muppets as well as no-budget gory weekend-warrior epics. It's a great site, IMO.

And as a Muppet freak, I sincerely hope I get the chance to talk to more of the performers as time rolls on.

Mike Watt
Hollywoodisburning.com

Whatever

Reaction score
That's so cool! I'd love to talk to Mupper performers like that! :big_grin:

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
Mike Watt Interviews

I just finished the interviews Mike Watt did with Karen Prell, Jerry Nelson and Dave Goelz. These are very interesting and a great behind the scenes look at the Muppets and Fraggle Rock. Mike, thanks for posting these on the forum.

MikeWatt

Reaction score
FragglettesMom said:
I just finished the interviews Mike Watt did with Karen Prell, Jerry Nelson and Dave Goelz. These are very interesting and a great behind the scenes look at the Muppets and Fraggle Rock. Mike, thanks for posting these on the forum.
Aw, thanks FragglettesMom. It really was my pleasure to do these pieces and I wanted to share them with the group. I have one more coming. Stay tuned!

Mike Watt
www.hollywoodisburningl.com
www.b-movie.com
www.amylynnbest.com

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Mike, those interviews are really amazing. Thank you! I never knew Dave Goelz built the original Animal, Floyd and Zoot. I also didn't know Karen had a short-term regular character on Sesame, and Jerry had some really pointed things to say in pt. 4 of his interview of how the company's too big and how that affects the work. Anyway, overall, they were all great to read!

You said you had one more interview. Where? Where? I can't wait.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
They are great! I wish I had a chance to talk to people like that. I admire them so much, much more than any hollywood actor! I will have to read them properly when I have more time though. Its 1.30am here.

Did you talk face to face or on the phone? or was it done through the internet or something?