Muppetlab Gonzo Replica

Muppetlab

Reaction score
finally got to the copy shop to blow up my reference pics. Starting to get alittle excited. I am going to move ahead as I have a big block of foam but I am also going to price out a block of reticulated as I now know the size block to get.
Great news :smile:
Keep us posted..

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
Color me frustrated. I went into LA's fabric district today in hopes of finding a fur for Gonzo. I finally got in there to hunt through all the stores for the perfect fur. I went through 10,15 different stores and Nothing. Bupkiss. They had loads of fur but nothing the right color. In a way this should be a relief to alot of you who are stuck ordering off the internet. I figured that this is where the hollywood costume designers come to get their materials so it should be easy to find something suitable. Nothing close. Best I can do is get swatches first from possible candidates before I order the couple yards I need. Oh well. Onward and upward. I am really trying to find the slightly faded blue that had little light fibers in it. I got to see one of the official Gonzos up close and he isnt a solid color. there are sparse white or light colored fibers through out it. the Sherpa fur is really close but i wanted to get a longer pile and experiment with boiling it and trim it to get the matted, frazzled look of his fur. The search goes on. any suggestions are always welcome.

ma0298

Reaction score
What kind of foam did you use for this?

And great job! He looks amazing!