"Muppets Ahoy!" Stage Show on Disney Cruise Line?

travellingpat

Reaction score
They were on the trip to the Panama Canal w/ Bob Saget although I think Steve Whitmire was the only muppeteer onboard

travellingpat

Reaction score
My relatives were on it and one of their friends met Steve and got a pic with him in the hall....

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
No it was not Steve, it was John Kennedy performing Kermit! He did a fantastic job as well as the other newer performers for Gonzo and the cast.
Ding! Ding! Ding! You said the secret word!
Okay, I guess it can now be told since they are already performing.
Muppeteer John Kennedy is currently performing Kermit on the cruise ship.
(Well at least he was suppose to be the choice so I heard in late July.)
Yerrid and Massey are also on board as Statler and Waldorf.
Yerrid is also Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear.
Massey is Robin the Frog.
The only guy picked nationwide from the Disney auditions is playing Gonzo, I never found out who that was though, I'm guessing he's unknown.
Cruise show directed by Martin Baker, (again based on info I heard in late July.) I doubt anything changed since them.

However I do believe that the previous cruise was Steve, Dave and Yerrid and Massey.
Yes much to the surprise of some, Yerrid and Massey did perform Statler and Waldorf
on the first cruise while Steve and Dave did Kermit and Gonzo.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
actually there are three others for those characters that were picked to do the film related projects. The ones for the cruis ship were picked just for the Cruise ship.
DevonMiles, are you saying that Ocassional Muppeteers have replaced the starring Muppeteers in film projects? I think Muppet fans might want more facts on what you are saying. Please clarify. Thanks.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
Yes. They will be used along with the current performers. The idea is to have the Muppets appear more and it's virtually impossible to to that with one Muppeteer.
The original idea of Occasional Muppeteers was to do little projects like the cruise ship and photo shoots and maybe a personal appearance in small-town America. However besides the cruise ship, none of the other projects ever came to be (or have yet to be developed.) As a matter of fact since only ONE Occasional Muppeteer was selected, the MHC decided to use their established troop of Muppeteers instead.

Even Martin Baker said at one time, that if there was one truly talented Occasional Muppeteer he might puppeteer alongside the established Muppeteers, but not replace the major Muppeteers primarily in a film project.

MWoO

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
Yes, that idea changed though as of recently. Can't say anymore.
If you can't explain yourself don't say anything instead of saying you can't say more. It's just annoying.

joemuseum

Reaction score
We were on the Disney Wonder 10 day Southern Caribbean Cruise. The Muppets were absolutely wonderful. The show was based on the idea that Kermit could not get a star to headline the show. The Muppets came on board in the morning from St. Lucia, or the day before from St. Thomas, I'm not sure, and filmed one day or two days on board the ship. The Muppets were filmed doing various things around the ship, with the captain on the bridge, etc etc. The cruise director from the ship appeared in one skit as a chicken. The muppets also performed "Manamana" (sp?) , one of my all time favorites.

Miss Piggy was too busy enjoying room service and the amenities of her stateroom (all filmed, though Kermit appeared to be talking to her live from her stateroom) to host the show. Finally Miss Piggy did show up. She was going to perform every song she knew in alphabetical order but I guess there was some kind of stage problem because she disappeared through a trap door in the stage. :smile:

The guest star of the show finally was Pavaratti. This was a french(?) comedian who performed a number of interesting physical gags. He took up a little too much time. I would have preferred at least one more Muppet skit. I'm sorry my details are hazy. My shore excursion on this day was late getting back and I just barely made it to my scheduled performance. Many shore excursions were late and it is a shame that the Muppets had to perform to an audience that was tired and rushed.

The show was excellent!!! I joined the board to tell you about it.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hooray for Joemuseum!! Welcome to MC man!!

Thanks a whole lot for that info about the new cruise show. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. If I may ask, what did you think of their performance and/or their voices? I'm especially curious about Kermit, probably everybody is.

Hopefully you'll stick around and see what else you might find here Joe, and thanks again for telling us how it went.
:smile:
Anthony