Muppets are in the D23 Line-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I guess I could try walking to Anaheim and offering to take pictures of people to come up with 37 bucks ... :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Beaker... If you're going to be across the street at DL... You has to go to the D23 Expo! How else are we gonna get a first-hand account of what went on there regarding the Muppet presentation?

Layla... As I understand it, it's a first of sorts... The first officially Disney-authorized fully immersive Disney fan convention. And yes, there must be Muppet news they want to share, hence the specialized individual presentation. Otherwise, it'd have gotten shoehorned into a categorical presentation, sharing little screentime with other coming attractions.

Rully hoping for good news out of this all around.

Nick22

Reaction score
i wanna go super super bad, but there is no possible way my parents will get me across the country to go to a disney convention.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
And yes, there must be Muppet news they want to share, hence the specialized individual presentation. Otherwise, it'd have gotten shoehorned into a categorical presentation, sharing little screentime with other coming attractions.
And I think I see a hint of it on iTunes. I would guess (and this is just me, a longtime diehard Muppet freak, speaking here) that this is a sure sign of a whole lot more to come.

Maybe certain Muppet TV shows (TMS, MB) and EVERY SINGLE Muppet movie, along with some really incredible Muppet content will come onto iTunes at long freaking last! This news would be so amazingly, incredibly, totally awesome and ABSOLUTELY worth the time they are giving to our beloved Muppets at D23 Expo!

BJ

beaker

Reaction score
Ack, sadly I just won't be able to afford going to this nor Disneyland. Woulda been so perfect. Oh well. Perhaps a bunch of us can go to Disneyland next year if they have some big Muppety event.

Im sure people will be filming it tho.

As far as what will be announced?
Most likely news on the movie, a new tv series, and various merchandise as well as partnerships we'll be seeing across 2010 and beyond...not to mention some sort of heightened awareness of Muppet characters at Disney theme parts and Disney park exclusive merchandise.

My money would be on those sorts of things. It'll be fun to see what Muppets/performers they use for this panel. Im guessing
for sure Dave Goelz with Gonzo, and Eric Jacobssen in some capacity.

Amy

Reaction score
I'll be there for the weekend, at Boom!'s booth, making a general nuisance of myself and pimpin' mah comics. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'll be there for the weekend, at Boom!'s booth, making a general nuisance of myself and pimpin' mah comics. :smile:
Nice blurb in the new latest Muppet comic. Pan can't come soon enough. So, are you guys at Boom going to absorb into Marvel? What's going on? Guess we'll know more after D23. :smile:

Amy

Reaction score
So, a bit of an update on D23 stuff.
Disney have a bit of a weird layout in terms of buying and selling on the expo floor. We cannot actually sell the comics at the main Boom! booth (at the Disney Consumer Products area), but apparently Boom's comics WILL be purchasable elsewhere at the Expo, so people can buy them and bring them over for signings and stuff.
Note that Disney has a rule that you can't bring in non-Expo items to be signed. Good luck with them enforcing that, but the warning is there :wink:

To recap, Grace Randolph and I (TEAM PETER PAN WHOOO!) will be there over the weekend, as will Tim Beedle (writer for Robin Hood). We'll be at the main Boom! booth chatting and greeting and whatever else Boom! would like us to do. I'll also be packing art supplies, so little sketches MAY be in the offing!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the main point of purchase is the Dream Store they set up.

BTW: Amy, would you be willing to do a Muppet/Sesame commission piece?
Been asking all the awesome artists here, no luck yet. Please LMK if possible. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.