1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets at Cher's Farewell Tour!

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Kedrick, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Kedrick

Kedrick New Member

Last night, Cher (of the former "Sonny & Cher") came to the Gund Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. A segment of her show was a retrospective looking back over her long career. The vid screens flashed images of her and Sonny, Cher by herself, and then suddenly a montage of clips for the short lived "Cher" show from the 70's. One of the scenes was Cher and Sweetums singing a duet and another was Cher being backed by The Electric Mayhem. Really great scenes and it was cool to hear the audience cheering when they recognized the Muppets!

Clint
    The concert was GREAT!!! too!

:)
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Kedrick,

Thanks for telling us about this. Glad you had a good time.

Sure you were quite surprised to see the Muppets in some classic clips!

:eek:
  3. Cool, Janice was in Ohio---she gets closer and closer! :D
  4. furryfella

furryfella New Member

Cool!! i forgot she was going to be here!! they had a artical about her in the newspaper!!:)
  5. radionate

radionate New Member

Wait - Cher's farewell tour????? Is she retiring from live performances? Whats the deal?:confused:
  6. Kedrick

Kedrick New Member

Not a complete retirement from live performances, just from touring. I would imagine it is a rather stressful thing to do.

Clint
  7. radionate

radionate New Member

I didn't realize she was touring right now. Thought she was just making the club circuit

Was the clip of Cher and Kermit shown as well?
  8. Kedrick

Kedrick New Member

No clip of Kermit and Cher. Just her with Sweetums and then later the Electric Mayhem.

Clint

for tour dates go to http://www.cher.com
  9. Thog

Thog New Member

How was Cyndi Lauper? I got tickes to the show here in Boston on July 8th, I'm more excited to see her than Cher.

Dan
  10. Kedrick

Kedrick New Member

Cyndi was AWESOME!!! Great voice, great songs. She came out into the audience several times! She played some of her new stuff (her new CD was on sale at the souvenier counter for $10), and was on the stage for about an hour.

When Cher started though, it was kinda weird. She was almost killed!! The apparatus she was using to lower her to the stage and the harness she had on for safety were pulling in two different directions! After just a moment, Cher was hanging in the air and the platform was about five feet below her. She said before the two seperated, she felt she was being pulled in two, but she hit the release. Scary!!

The show shut down for about ten minutes as they tried to get the platform working, but eventually Cher just came out from behind the curtains, made a few jokes (though visibly shaken) about the experience and then kicked off the show.

Clint