Muppets at Disney World opinions?

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the 1990 special "Muppets at Walt Disney World"? I think it's a really good special, and a terrific final Henson performance. It's kinda weird seeing both Lips and Clifford together in the EM, though. In addition, I think it's most apparent in this special how much the EM members (especially Teeth and Zoot) appearance suffered thanks to brighter fabrics being used for the puppets, and the slightly simplified character designs.

Seeing Ma Bear again was great (whatever happened to her?) and Scooter and Bean made a great little team. I loved the "hiring him to be cute for us" line Scooter had. Another interesting team-up in the special was with Piggy and Boureguard, something that I'm sure they would have fooled around with more if there had been more Muppet specials after this (ie: if Jim had lived).

Rowlf's scene at the Disney World kennel was nicely done (hey, thats Sprocket!) and Gonzo and Camilla's rather "different" tour of the park was a hoot. I think this was pretty much the end of their relationship, though, which I think is pretty sad. Hopefully, Gonzo will be seen alongside her soon.

But my favorite bits were the stuff with Beaker and bucket stuck to his head. Now THAT would be an awesome action figure!!!

MuppetVison

Reaction score
Is this on video any were? I never got to see it and I love the Muppets and Disney.

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetVison
Is this on video any were? I never got to see it and I love the Muppets and Disney.

Ditto.

-SPEEGS

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetVison
It never was released on video. I think you had to be lucky enough to catch it when it first aired, although I think it did air on the Disney Channel.

MuppetVison

Reaction score
any chance of it being on air or even on DVD or Video soon?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see this.my all time favorite thing is Disney and next is muppets,so if anyone knows how to get a copy please email me at spen_f@hotmail.com

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi all!
I have the special, but odds are extremley slim that is will be released. Even if Disney buys the Muppets, (and god, I hope they don't.) it's no a good possiblity. I belive Buena Vista has the rights to it. Anyway, if you're interested in obtaining it, e mail me at ryan200012@netscape.net :wink:

tygerbug

Reaction score
I have a crappy copy of this somewhere I believe. I remember it being a nice special, though the whole Disney thing now makes my skin crawl.

Salmoto

Reaction score
To me it's more like, "What does Disney do when it's characters become drab? Buy Muppets." Thank goodness Pooh and Buzz Lightyear have come into their own.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember this show, but it's been ages since I've seen it. I hope they play it on the Disney channel some time soon.