Muppets at Disney World opinions?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, it's a shallow commercial...But it's a funny shallow commercial!

Definate agreement about the bucket on Beaker's head Running gag! 'specially the "Svenska Tacos, gid yar svenski taco sneer!"

But really, I think that Disney buyinbg Henson is really mixed, so I can't decide right about now!

I have a crummy copy, and the @*($%!! Network cut out a bit of the show for an annoying Bobby McFarrin Cranberry Ocean Spray commercial.... GRRRRRRRR!!!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I just have to say this sounds funny and I really hope Disney buys the muppets,but none of Disney's characters have become Drab

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
This was the first Muppet Special I ever got. I got it from a guy who actually interviewed Jim Henson about the Dark Crystal for a Sci-Fi magazine (no not the Sci-Fi Mag.). I searched like heck for this, not knowing about all the lovely people around here who have it or could show me elsewhere to get it easier. From what it sounds there aren't too many great quality copies, which mine is. Anyone who would like a copy can email me any time. :smile:

Mike -- Glad you enjoyed it! I'm making my way through these Dinosaurs episodes, and I'm loving them more and more after every episode. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Disney going Drab

One word... WINNIE THE POOH....(technically one word. I'm not sure if Winnie or pooh are real words). They have become so overmerchandised that I cannot stand them. THis coming from someone who (when he was five) taking a Pooh doll to bed with him!

Salmoto

Reaction score
What I meant was that Mickey, Donald and Goofy haven't had a novel concept applied to them in years (House of Mouse doesn't count, cause that's really cross promoting every single Disney property ever made all at once.) They put alot of promotion into Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear and if they want another wrinkle in their dimensionality, they pick at the Muppet property a little. Let's face it: Noone does family entertainment like Henson, and disney, being the Famiy entertainment monolith, wants a piece of that action.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Goofy and Donald haven't been in much lately other than MouseHouse. The last thing (other than that) that Goofy's been in was Extremely Goofy movie. I liked it, but it's not as good as the original. As for Donald, he goes way, wayyy back to the Quack Pack days (I liked it, but it was no measure to Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, or Tailspin to name a few).

House of Mouse is pretty Lame, save the actual (edited?) cartoons from Mouseworks (used on H o M). I agree. It's basically a commercial for Disney Movies, and the hyped ones at that (no chance of seeing Kuzco, Yzma, or Kronk). I did like the one with Pain and Panic, however. Other than that, it's almost shameless.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock

Mike -- Glad you enjoyed it! I'm making my way through these Dinosaurs episodes, and I'm loving them more and more after every episode. :big_grin:
Thanks man. I've watched it at least three times already. It's just a really fun special.

I've only watched John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together once though. It wasnt as good as I had hoped. Three things would have made this special better:

1) if Kermit had gotten to sing his solo from the album by himself.

2) if the Electric Mayhem's rendition of "Little Saint Nick" from the album was used for the special

3) if Denver's version of "It's in Every One of Us" was something more than a sustained close-up of him the entire time.

Oh well...."Sex and Violence" kicked butt!

And yeah, Dinosaurs was a really funny show.