Muppets at DisneyWorld

thefozz

Reaction score
I'm off to WDW next week and I'm absolutely pumped up to check out MuppetVision 3D. I know there's also a Muppet shop at MGM. Are there any other Muppet-oriented things at MGM or WDW to check out?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
:jealous: !!! Have a GREAT time! Please give us a detailed report when you get back!

As per what to look for and where, I (IMHO) wrote a pretty detailed report earlier this year in late February that you can read about here. You'll see from that report that I found additional Muppet stuff in the Magic Kingdom, Downtown Disney and the Contemporary Resort (some stuff that was not available in MGM).

Also, not that he'll get the chance to add to it by next week due to computer problems, but keep an eye on Ryan's (theprawncracker) report he's writing about from his visit last month.

Matter o' fact, I'm gonna' go bump that thread now to remind ol' Ry that some of us are anxiously waiting to hear more!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Vic the Bumping Boy said:
Also, not that he'll get the chance to add to it by next week due to computer problems, but keep an eye on Ryan's (theprawncracker) report he's writing about from his visit last month.

Matter o' fact, I'm gonna' go bump that thread now to remind ol' Ry that some of us are anxiously waiting to hear more!
Heh, thanks Vic. Will try to add to it sometime next week, not sure when.

But yeah fozz, there wasn't too much Muppet stuff aside from MGM, but do look for Kermit and Piggy and Sweetums in the MGM parade.

Have a great time! :excited:

thefozz

Reaction score
Sweetums is in the parade? That's awesome -- if not shocking. A large hairy monster who has essentially been MIA since the 80s is the last Muppet I would expect to see in a Disney parade.

theprawncracker said:
Heh, thanks Vic. Will try to add to it sometime next week, not sure when.

But yeah fozz, there wasn't too much Muppet stuff aside from MGM, but do look for Kermit and Piggy and Sweetums in the MGM parade.

Have a great time! :excited:

thefozz

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
:jealous: !!! Have a GREAT time! Please give us a detailed report when you get back!

As per what to look for and where, I (IMHO) wrote a pretty detailed report earlier this year in late February that you can read about here.
Great report! Interesting about the "hidden Kermit". Are you sure that is supposed to be Kermit, though? It only sort of looks like him, IMHO

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yep, like I said in my report, I had it confirmed with a cast member in accordance with the new "Hidden Mickey" book.

thefozz

Reaction score
Just thought I'd check in with my post-trip report:

The merchandise selection was very dissapointing. The shop right outside the MuppetVision theater had some stuff, but not a whole lot (only 5 different adult t-shirts, for example).

A few other shops in MGM had Muppet merchandise, most significantly the shop in the backlot tour. However nothing that couldn't be found in the theater shop.

But that aside, the MuppetVision show was fantastic! The pre-show was different than I remember, and it looks like they've made some small changes to the theater too (for anyone who goes, pay very close attention to all the little details -- there's laughs to be found in every nook and cranny!)

Oh yes, and I found the hidden Kermie!

muppet baby

Reaction score
Thanks for your post trip report that is really cool , i can't wait to go back my self .

i would love to go every year i love it there .
i the muppet show is always fantastic no matter how many times i see it .

I am so happy that you had a wonderful Trip :smile:

Yoda Man

Reaction score
For anyone who has been recently, what busts did they have and for how much?