Muppets at Your Local Library

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Hey,
I Just wanted to let all of you Know that Starting November 15th-December 11th, My Local Library "Arlington Heights Memorial Library" Will be Having all sorts of awesome Muppet Programs, Its going along with the Jim Henson Legacy!! Its the Muppet's Music and Magic Tour!! I will Provide a Link with all the Information.

http://ahml.info/content/muppets™-music-magic

I have already signed up for the November 15th and November 22nd events,

I have my Cookie Monster T-Shirt already for David Rudman event!!:insatiable::flirt:

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Tomorrow Tuesday November 15th I will be seeing David Rudman at my Local Library I cannot Wait I will post updates when I get home after!!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't think i could behave myself if David Rudman was in my library. It would probably turn into a "Cookie Monster in the Library" situation.

I'll take "Calvin and Hobbes" and a David Rudman....
No? Okay, i'll take Al Frankin's "Lies" and a David Rudman...
Don't get excited! I'll take George Orwell's 1984 and a David Rudman...
No need to shout! I'll just take a David Rudman...

Puckrox

Reaction score
You officially have the most awesome library ever. A library willing to dedicate a ton of days to the Muppets? That's just beyond awesome.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Hahaha You just made me Laugh, Yep it does say that a Special guest will be coming with David Rudman tonight!!

I am bringing with me tonight my mini version of the Sesame Street 40th book that came with the Sesame Street 40th DVD set maybe he could sign that.

I think I might ask him "What was it like to take over some of Richard Hunts iconic characters?"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our local library here in Texas is having some Muppet themed events as well. We're taking the kids to Muppet craft day tomorrow. They're also having Muppet Show screenings and some other Muppet happenings.

So I'd encourage everyone to check out your local library for Muppet happenings and events.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I just checked both the library web-sites for the ones in my college town and the ones in my hometown. Alas, no Muppet events. :frown:

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
This Time its for Real!! I met David Rudman Tonight 11/15/2011 and it was great

There was a great turn out for this event there were Little kids but what surprised me and made me Happy was that there were Older People who where well in their late 60s and 70s there enjoying the Program.

I was listening to about 12 year Old boy talking to his Dad behind me, He Wore an Animal T-shirt and had a Kermit the Frog Hat, he was talking to his Dad about different Muppets that were on the Library Newsletter he seemed to know what he was talking about and was asking his dad different questions, He even said he owned Fraggle Rock on DVD which made me happy to hear.

The Program was called Muppet History 101

I Wore my Cookie Monster face T-shirt

It started out with a Woman who works at the Library introducing David and asking the Audience why are you here?
She Pointed me out and said "He's in his Cookie Monster Shirt" David Laughed!
Then David talked about himself and said that he was going to show Part of the DVD Program then Bring out the Special Guest then show the Second Part of the DVD Program
The First part of the DVD Program was Jim Henson's Early Career Sam and Friends show some great clips from that and then it went into some Jimmy Dean show and Rowlf Clips
The First Part of the DVD Program Ended with a great Clip of Rowlf and Kermit trying to come up with a title for the Preschool Show and finally they said "Sesame Street"
Then they paused the DVD and David Brought out Cookie Monster in all his Glory which was so much Fun!! some Guy started taking out his camera and filming it and Cookie said "Oh Taking Video, Me Go to YouTube" hahaha
Cookie talked about the Rumor that he is giving up cookies and only eating vegetables and asked us all to sing "B is For Brussel Sprouts" Cookie then said "That's not Me!" Then took out a big Cookie and ate it and made a Mess on the Floor and said "Excuse Me, I'll clean up later". Then he went away and the Rest of the DVD Program played,
The Second Half was mostly about Getting the Muppet show on the air with clips from the Muppet Show Pitch Reel, Sex and Violence, and Muppet Valentine show, Then they showed some great Muppet Show clips, such as "Danny Boy" and that brought the house down with laughter, then they played atleast 3 to 5 minutes worth of Muppet Show Commercials with Kermit and Fozzie, many of the commercials were from Season 4 and Season 5 and they were Hilarious and people were laughing and clapping, Made me happy to see.
The Second Part ended with an Interview with Kermit and Fozzie, Fozzie steels the interview by asking if that interviewer's hair was a toupee which got even more laughter.

Then the Program was over and David asked for some questions and people asked some nice ones, someone asked about Saturday Night Live last year and he gave the story all about it,

I Anthony Asked "What is it like doing Richard Hunt's Characters?"

David Gave and overview of who Richard Hut was and talked about how close He and Richard were. He talked about how Scooter and Janice have been out of the picture so to speak and how its was time to bring them back. He talked about how Nervous he was when he first started playing them but now he Loves it!!

I also asked later on "What was it Like working on Muppet Family Christmas from 1988?"

David gave an overview of what that special was and said it was one of the last Great Specials Jim Henson did before he died and said that it was a Blast working on it,
Then he said something that I was so pleased to hear which was "I wish that they would still show the Full Muppet Family Christmas on TV each year" I said "Me too"

Then afterwords I got in line to get his Autograph and he told me "Thanks So Much For Coming Anthony"