Muppets Back Stage playset review

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
It's a huge month for the Muppets, with Sweetums, Jim Henson, Santa Chef, series 9 and tonight's review, the Back Stage play set all hitting. The set is a tad expensive at fifty bucks, but it's huge with lots of pegs for hanging tons of older accessories. It also includes the signature version of Rowlf, a figure folks have been waiting for a long time.

Check it out at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Frogster

Reaction score
I've just been sitting here for a half hour, looking at all the shots taken of it. I have a Sam Goody's and a Suncoast that's not too far from where I live...do you think they'll sell the playset there?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I doubt it, I think your best bet is to order it online.

Anyway, as always it was a great review! I think this is a first, but I actually had the playset BEFORE the review was up. Which is good in a way, 'cause if I saw those pictures, I'd be going crazy waiting for it to arrive, lol :wink:

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Yep, this review had to wait a few days because I wanted to get the Invader Zim up first. I figured I had time :smile:

Michael
MWC

T

timrikthegorf

Killer pictures! Even though you didn't do it on purpose, it's not a bas idea to leave that pole out in order to fit more figures. This set tops the kitchen without a doubt. The kitchen is really great, but you can't really out any figure in there and have it work. ANY figure can go backstage without it looking weird.

FYI, if you ptress the phone receiver down with more presure it kind of clicks into place for a nice tight fit and then you can position the cord however you wish.

Whatever

Reaction score
Can't wait for mine! :sympathy: I'm getting fed up waiting for getsomecollectibles.com to get it in stock.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Oh, and no - the Musicland family, which includes Suncoast, Media Play and Sam Goody - aren't getting in this set or series 9.

Michael
MWC

homerthegreat

Reaction score
I just saw this on the Spawn forum...and here it is again! And I haven't looked yet, but it's gonnabe on Plaisades! (; Anyway, great review. I can't wait to get a hold of mine. Wow, you must have a lot of toys! :smile:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I just received my backstage playset in the mail today! It is so incredibly cool. Your review is right on. I love the entire set and Rowlf, who is my favorite character, is an awesome addition to the collection even though I like the head sculpt of the Series 3 Rowlf better.

On the coat rack, there is a gold ring that apparently is supposed to be connected to the bottom of the rack. When I unwrapped the rack from its plastic, the gold ring was seperate and it is cracked. Is it supposed to be like this or is it supposed to be attached permanently to the rack?

I had no trouble putting the set together. It comes in four seperate pieces but it's pretty obvious how they're supposed to lock in if you take a good look at your set first. My advice is to press hard but gingerly, if that makes any sense, because I got the feeling that if you're too forceful you might break your set.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Terrific review--I'm looking forward to getting mine. But Sam Goody and the like will carry the line no more? No!! I want my triple Replay points, darnit!