1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets Christmas Crackers

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Kermieuk, May 2, 2011.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I am looking for a box of 1980 Muppets Crackers.

I have been a member of ebay since 1998 and in the first few months of my membership someone in the UK auctioned a boxed set of 12, 1980 Muppets (Christmas) Crackers, although there was no Christmas reference on them.
    As I was new to ebay I didnt know about the wait until the very end technique that most use so I placed my bid and was the highest bidder for the duration of the auction. I was so excited, it was a lovely set. I checked at the end of the auction and seen that I had been outbid by ONLY 1 penny! Gutted.
    Anyway I have been looking for these crackers ever since, if anyone has them I would love to buy them, or at least see some piccys of them?

Thanks

Chris
  2. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Hey Chris-

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of these, nor do I have any to sell/trade... I just wanted to add that there are, I believe, two different sets of Christmas Crackers out there -- the 80s set you are speaking about, and a set from circa 1992, based on Muppet Christmas Carol.

I don't have either unfortunately, though I've been searching high and low for both. They are very difficult to find, clearly. (Probably, most people used them!)

Anyway, best of luck. If I ever obtain either set, I will be sure to share pics!
  3. Kermieuk

Hey ElecMayhem

Thanks for the post.

There are indeed Christmas Crackers for The Muppet Christmas Carol, made in 1992. I know because I own them! They are a nice set.

I have created a page on the Muppet Wiki which has a pic of them on it, I hope you like them?

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Christmas_Carol_Crackers

Chris
  4. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Ah, yep -- that's them!

Keep me in mind if you ever come across a second set. I try to keep up with ebay.co.uk, but lots of people won't ship to the US.

Thanks!
  5. Kermieuk

I will do! However I have had these from new in 1992. I don't think I have ever seen them come up for sale on eBay?

Chris
  6. slowfish

slowfish New Member

Hi

I have a box of the Tom Smith Muppets Crackers from 1980 - there are in absolutely mint condition. Can I post pics on here? Any idea how much there are worth?

Thanks
  7. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Hi slowfish, and welcome!

We really don't have much of an idea what they're worth... but as you can see from this thread, they're pretty rare. Would you be willing to send a pic to my email? I will send you a Private Message with my details. I think to post images, you have to use another service (i.e. Snapfish) and link to it from here.

Are you willing to sell these if the price is right? I know you would find more than a few enthusiastic potential buyers here, myself included.
  8. slowfish

slowfish New Member

Hi

I am willing to sell them, probably on Ebay as I guess that's the best way.
  9. Kermieuk

Gives everyone a fair chance? Let us know when you have put them on eBay. Thanks chris
  10. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

That IS the most fair way to do it... and frankly, probably the best way to gauge current market value too! Still love to see some pics, but please let us know if you post them on eBay!
  11. Kermieuk

Muppet Crackers are like buses, you wait for them for ages, then two come at the same time!!

I made an amazing purchase on ebay on Tuesday afternoon.

Muppets 1981 Crackers in Mint condition. Buy It Now for £35!!

Heres the listing 230646334485

They arrived today and are even better than I hoped, they are so much bigger. Just spent an hour checking out the contents of each cracker. Luckily as they are old the glue that holds the crackers together had got loose with age.
    I have posted pics on Muppet Wiki with the back of the box and the stickers inside, and Fozzies Jokes.

Good Luck with slowfish Elec, I hope he decides to sell them, but Im no longer after them!

Chris
  12. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Were there any muppet toys inside them?
  13. Kermieuk

No muppet toys. Just the sticker and joke. The novelty is the usual cracker rubbish plastic comb keyring or ball bearing maze game etc. Schleich pvc's would have been nice, or badges maybe, or pencils etc!

Lovely set though. Although I am sure there would have been more stickers produced but with only 10 crackers not enough to hold em all?

Chris