Muppets From Space back in theatres!

tenor19

Reaction score
:excited: I was checking movie times a few minutes ago, and there is a 10am showing of Muppets From Space in the theatre near me in Coral Springs, FL. I was wondering what caused this wonderful treat?! Is it playing everywhere? 'Swonderful!

P

Philo and Gunge

Might be part of some summer thing. During the summer a few years ago, if you brought in a book report, you get to see a movie.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. It's the first time I have heard of it. Sadly, if this was shown across the country at 10 am in theaters during the summer, more people could see it than the first time. :eek:

It sounds like an isolated viewing though. So do they show it every day? Have you seen it yet? It's always nice to see a Muppet movie on the big screen.

beaker

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Interesting. It's the first time I have heard of it. Sadly, if this was shown across the country at 10 am in theaters during the summer, more people could see it than the first time. :eek:

It sounds like an isolated viewing though. So do they show it every day? Have you seen it yet? It's always nice to see a Muppet movie on the big screen.
I agree, while this is a free children's movie program some theatres visit, seeing the Muppets on the big screen rocks...its only happened 4 times for me: 1985: MTM 1996: MTI and 1999: MFS and AOEIG

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I've heard that if a movie theatre agrees to hire an older movie like a muppet movie, they can show it in their theatre so theres a possibility of seeing muppet movies in theatres and theres even some around that you can pay a large amount of money to see any movie!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Not here either! theres not much chance of that happening here but maybe in a small theatre that sometimes shows older movies.

tenor19

Reaction score
Saw MFS in theatres just now...here's the skinny

It is indeed a summer program for youth. The movie is free and played yesterday and today at 10am and they didn't turn me and a friend away, and we're 25. Next week they're playing Muppets Take Manhattan, the week after it's Care Bears, then Elmo in Grouchland, and I think that's all the Henson films scheduled. It was very nice to see Muppets From Space this morning on the big screen; can't wait for next week--MTM is my fav next to Labyrinth which I'm dying to see on the big screen--anyone got connections to put it on an IMAX screen?!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
In the summer, some movie theathers such as AMC offer older children films during the morning for a cheaper fee.