Muppets in new "Tracy Morgan Show"

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey gang,
I was just reading a bit in the latest issue of "Entertainment Weekly", in which they mention a commercial for the former SNL star's new sitcom. The piece was entitled "THAT'S JUST WRONG!", at the bottom of page 110, and mentions that in a promo for the show, "a precocious pubescent (Bobb'e J. Thompson) ditches a Muppet T-shirt only to strut out, shirtless in a suit." I'm just wondering if it's classic Muppets or what. I'd imagine, initially Sesame Street, as that tends to be the more popular way the world takes in the Muppets, but the article did not refer to it, specifically as such. Just wondering if anyone has seen the commercial/show if it's out, and letting you guys know that our friends are getting some exposure. Thanks, and take care.

-Squigiman

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
i just saw a commercial for 'The Tracy Morgan show' this morning...there was some dispute about about a shirt and i saw a kid holding up a shirt, but didn't pay attention to what was on it.
i look more more closely next time. the show is on NBC, so i'm sure they'll be running it again throughout the day.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Yeah, I got to see it before a movie, last night. Sad to see that the term "Muppet" was used so negatively. Eh.

-Squigiman

Drtooth

Reaction score
Think of it this way...

What are people going to remember more? A classic grouch loved all around the world forn nigh on 35 years, or some crappy replacement for Woopie?

Poor Miss Goldberg... I liked her show... she wouldn't dis no Muppets!

Squigiman

Reaction score
I don't know about that. Maybe she wouldn't be mean, but I'm still no fan. I still think that her as G-D in AVMMCM was blasphemous, in more than one way. Still, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Take care.

-Squigiman

WiGgY

Reaction score
Whoppie got caneled? I liked that show too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That kid may be the most annoying TV personality since... since... come to think of it, even Sean Hayes isn't that annoying.... ouch.

It's like Diff'rent Strokes, only with Black parents...

Bet that kid's gonna rob a convenience store once the show is over... in a few weeks...

Whatever

Reaction score
Squigiman said:
I don't know about that. Maybe she wouldn't be mean, but I'm still no fan. I still think that her as G-D in AVMMCM was blasphemous, in more than one way. Still, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Take care.
-Squigiman
She was in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, singing If That Isn't a True Blue Miracle.

Ryan

Reaction score
Whatever said:
She was in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, singing If That Isn't a True Blue Miracle.
That was Alaina Reed, who played Oliva on the show in the late 70's into the 80's. I believe she left around 1986.