Muppets in Toyfare's 100 Greatest Toys

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I am also a huge wrestling fan, and since you mention them, as a side note, I love how some of the relatively obscure wrestlers (i.e. the Hollywood Blondes, Dean Malenko) are getting the Classics treatment. Now they just need to release Tully Blanchard, Dynamite Kid, the Great Muta, and Jushin "Thunder" Liger. Of those already released, I would love to get a Hart Foundation and Eddie Guerrero one day.

Regarding Piggy, I really like First Mate Piggy that comes with the Pigs in Space set, but I'm a little biased I guess because I love that skit. . .that makes me think of how much I, and I'm guessing you, too, JJandJanice, would have liked to have seen a Veterinarian's Hospital set and figures made. Do you think that it was sexist having two female nurses on that skit?
Man I'm sorry that it took me some time to reply back here.

Anyhow, Karamazov80, talking about the WWE Classic Superstar line, it should make you happy to know that one of the wrestlers on your list is indeed getting a figure very soon in I think series 15 or so, with that wrestler being Tully Blanchard. And you know I think at least one Undertaker should of been on that list, if I may say, I mean that three faces of Undertaker three pack was awesome.

As for the Vererinarian's Hospital figures, yeah it would have been nice to see, although it would of been less interesting to me if it look like all the Muppet figures (Janice, Rowlf, Piggy) and they just been dressed or rather painted different. That was my problem with series 6 patrol Bear.

You know I think the reason figures like Jim Henson and the backstage playset didn't make the list is because not too many people were able to own thoes figures, although I guess the same could be said about Super Grover, so maybe not. I probably would of put Jim on the list, but I believe the Muppet figures that are on the list should be on the list. Besides maybe, the Swedish Kitchen playset, only because I don't own it in my collection, so I can't say for sure.

karamazov80

Reaction score
Anyhow, Karamazov80, talking about the WWE Classic Superstar line, it should make you happy to know that one of the wrestlers on your list is indeed getting a figure very soon in I think series 15 or so, with that wrestler being Tully Blanchard.
I figured that would happen. He's an 80s NWA icon as much as anybody in my opinion, and deserves a figure more than a lot of others that have been made up to this point. I will get him for sure to round out my "Brainbusters" Horsemen tag team of Arn and Tully. I would say that an Ole Anderson seems like an unlikely Classics figure, but they have released some obscure wrestlers in the past, so. . .who knows?

--edit--
Just saw series 15: "The Genius," Leaping Lanny Poffo? Zeus? Tank Abbot? Alongside Tully and another Shawn Michaels? Man, they sure do know how to mix it up.