Muppets/L.A. Times article

How do you feel about the Classic Muppets' future?

• I want them to return to glory and I think they will.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • I want them to return, but I just don't see it happening.

Votes: 33 50.0%

• Total voters

OverUnderAround

Reaction score

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
This is the best news from the entire article:

Disney's Hampton, for his part, said the studio is not about to give up. "We recognize we have a job in front of us," he said. "But we're going to take the time to do it right."

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I love how they say "...taking the time to do it right." Because, so far, they're doing it wrong (in my opinion), come'on Disney! Bring us your best muppet shot! :crazy:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
This is Bad Because i can't see anything good the muppets can do except maybe another movie.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
This is Good because it shows Disney is not going to give up on the Muppets, and they are working to bring them back the right way. They aren't going to cast them aside, or cheapen them, water them down, or just do what's easy. It may mean some changes, but it means that the Muppets won't just be a piece of nostalgia, or a "children's act" but will be a strong part of pop-culture again. Plus (as Kimp the Shrimp said) we may get another movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
This is Bad Because i can't see anything good the muppets can do except maybe another movie.
There are many things that the muppets can do besides a new movie that would be really good. it's been a long time since there were any new Muppet television specials, and a new series wouldn't hurt. I'd be happy if Disney made a lot of older muppet productions available to the public (either on TV or DVD).

Sure, most of what the muppets have done recently have been small things like commercials, guest appearances, and web shows, but although most of those are good, I would be just as happy with a new special or series as I would with a new movie.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
The idea of a Muppet Broadway show intrigues me. I think that would bring in big bucks for Disney if it was done right. This will be a challenge.

It would be interesting to see Disney follow through with the Broadway show plan to see how it evolves…hopefully done with Muppeteers and not 'singers who act' portraying Muppets in costumes.

Here's a horrible cast:
Kelly Clarkson as Miss Piggy
Justin Timberlake as Kermit
Ruben Studdard as Fozzie Bear
:smile:

I do believe that the Muppets performing on stage was one vision Jim Henson had always wanted to achieve. How about a musical version of The Muppets Take Manhattan on stage? Since the movie is (for the most part) about them wanting to put on a Broadway show.

MGov

Reaction score
Director Frank Oz, Henson's longtime creative partner as well as the original Miss Piggy, feels Disney is sincere about wanting to recharge the Muppets, but remains dubious about the studio's efforts so far. "The way they're going about it, they don't understand it's going to take more than organization," he said. "You're trying to take a mom and pop organization and recreate it through a corporation."
Too much "development", not enough "fly by the seats of their pants".

Maybe Disney should just leave the Muppet people alone and see what they come up with. Though the Muppet people have had 16 years without Henson to come up with their own material and I'm not sure the current group of Muppeteers is capable of the level of fun and whimsy that was the hallmark of Henson/Oz/Hunt/Nelson/Goelz.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I love that article. It's great. I can't wait for new series which I can hope do the best for the Muppets since the Muppet Show. Come Disney. Keep use on the end of our seats.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow a pretty positive response thats good to hear i hope ya ll are right.