Muppets Labs Playset review

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
It's been a hectic weekend - we had a graduation party for my oldest son this weekend, and I'm pooped. Good thing I had these reviews all wrapped up Saturday morning!

The new Muppets line looks like a bona fide hit already, and they've barely hit the shelves. The first playset is just now reaching stores in the U.K., and should start showing up at stores in the states in the next couple weeks. Palisades was kind enough to send one over to me for a preview/review. And man, this thing kicks serious Muppet butt...it's art! I picked a few nits on it, but it's on the top for best playset of 2002 already, and I don't know what could come out to knock it off it's perch.

You can the review and photos at:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_INDEX.htm

Michael
MWC

Luke

Reaction score
<<but it's on the top for best playset of 2002 already, and I don't know what could come out to knock it off it's perch.>>

Moes Tavern ? - everyone seems to be waiting for that !

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
If it squeeks in...

...it might have a chance. But it's due for release right now on December 26, and I doubt I'll be seeing it in 2002.

Michael
MWC

Luke

Reaction score
Cool - i'm really waiting for that. I haven't collected any of the other playsets but it's the one i really want. Being an exclusive an all that it'll be a big deal me getting it in the UK but it's definitely the one - i want to display all my figs at the bar on my shelf !

radionate

Reaction score
Where is this playset going to be sold? I haven't heard anything about it.

MaxGoof

Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Crawfor
it's on the top for best playset of 2002 already, and I don't know what could come out to knock it off it's perch.
*cough* The Swedish Chef's Kitchen and The Electric Mayhem's Stage *cough* :big_grin:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Beaker's coat is BROWN? It used to be green. Change is always something that has bothered me, but if this is the way it is I'll get used to it.

Still looks great on the whole.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

uncleduke

Reaction score
<<but it's on the top for best playset of 2002 already, and I don't know what could come out to knock it off it's perch.>>

Also the Simpsons Main Street is due in September.
I really hope the Muppet line has the same staying power as the Jaundiced Springfieldians.
I have noticed that these are gettiing put in weird places in the stores. One Sam Goody I went too (Media Play/Music Land franchise) had them on the bottom of the slat wall, below the Harry Potter toys, for cryin' out loud! So the wife and I each took a couple of them and walked around the store displaying them, I had 6 people ask me where I found mine, and my wife had 8 ask her. They were almost sold out by the time we left!

Next time you want to kill time at the mall give it a try, it's fun and the more that sell, the more they will make!