Muppets on America's Funniest Home Videos - May 8

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
This should be swell. It would be great if they aired some of the Muppet audition tapes that have been sent in to JHC over the years as well.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I am definitely looking forward to seeing this! I am so excited! I can't wait to laugh my head off! You know the muppets were made for comedy!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

WOW!!! haha... very awsome and, It airs that night I get back from Disney World (May 8, 2005) :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
DerekJ said:
And, as noted, ABC's found they've had to work overtime to actually get the character-recognition bang for their bucks out of Disney's Muppet deal:
Seeing as most of us old-school fans on the board are well past parent age, but most kids don't recognize the characters, and Dis/ABC's not sure what exactly they've gotten themselves into, beyond the Oz movie and the TMS boxes...
Either that, or they're just turnging the characters to corperate Shills for Disney's crappy little ABC network. Other than Extreem Makeover home edition and Desperate housewives doesn anyone really watch any of this stuff? The network has Rodney, perhaps the most mindlessly generic sitcom ever produced. I don't think they even care any more.

>>Yes, it is still on the air. The show first aired as a Thanksgiving special in 1989, and later debuted on January 14, 1990 as a smash hit regular series on ABC (hosted by Bob Saget). The show still maintains decent ratings today. The show is now on its third host, or host-team, (Bob Saget 1989-1997; John Fugelsang & Daisy Fuentes 1997-2000; and Tom Bergeron 2001-present). The show has been moved around on the ABC line-up throughout the years, and has been rerun on ABC-Family for years. In its 14+ seasons, America's Funniest Home Videos has given away well over $7 million in prize money and evaluated more than half a million videotapes from home viewers.<<

Which proves that, while good things must come to an end, some garbage takes forever to decompose. The novelty ran off probably fifth season. I mean, when I was younger, some of the stuff was funny, but now I'm horrified such stuff is still on the air. Decency on television my eye.

Ehhh... I'll probably watch.... probably... :frown:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Just a reminder that the Muppets will be on AFHV tomorrow night! :smile: