Muppets on Flip Wilson Marathon July 3-4

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just the fact that Jim had an opportunity to walk out on stage was a big deal for the 60's/early 70's. As fans we'd always like more, but it was a different era and time back then, especially before Sesame's debut in 1969.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
What was the kermit skit about I missed it! Also what am's were in it??

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I saw the episodes.

It was pretty cool to see the first appearance of the green Oscar.

Erine81981

Reaction score
So are there any tonight? I would love to see some muppet stuff tonight.

BlueAM

Reaction score
I've heard that the AMs sang "Consider Yourself", from "Oliver" on Flip's show.

Is this true?

Also, if so, were these the same AMs that sang that song on the premiere episode or were they different?

Thanks!

BlueAM

"The Devil made me do it!"- Geraldine

WiGgY

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I saw it and was infuriated when Jim came out on stage at the end and all he did was wave and walk off. WHERE'S THE APPRECIATION? If anyone else noticed this, please let me know.
That is all he did on the Ed Sullivan show. Those shows only have so much time. And at the time he wasn't such a big star. KErmit was barely that famous. Sesame Street was only a year or so old.

The Anyhing Muppet sktech was fantastic! Frank Oz stole the scene near the end. These are the kinds of skits that need to be done now. Where are the original Java muppet and Manah Manah type bits they use to do? Now it's always Piggy and/or Kermit doing the same tired jokes. While it isn't bad to see that stuff, I would much rather see something a bit more original.