Muppets on UK X Factor November 27

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
For the benefit of Muppet fans outside the UK, here is the Muppets appearance on the X Factor in the UK on 27th November, performing with singer Olly Murs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmyJMO7PrP8

Kind of fun, though for me it was a sad reminder that while Saturday night tv used to be innovative, funny and groundbreaking (e.g. The Muppet Show), we now have to make do with karaoke shows like the X Factor!

Also the choice of characters was slightly curious... a lot of the Muppets used to play instruments, but as far as I remember, Fozzie Bear wasn't one of them! (correct me if wrong there though!)

Puckrox

Reaction score
Eric Jacobson's been busy :halo:
That's the first thing I noticed when I watched this the other night. I was like "Huh... Fozzie... Animal... Piggy... has Eric cloned himself?" I figure he's probably operating Piggy, since she talks a bit at the end, but yeah, I was surprised there wasn't a bit more variety. But no complaining! I love all of Eric's characters!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Don't throw anything at me, but I found this appearance embarrassing and the sort of thing I hoped Disney would have stopped doing now they have come to grips with what the Muppets are about. I thought the combination was just weird (what the heck have they got to do with the song or the artist???), the puppeteering wasn't up to par and the ad-libbing was...not so good.

I know it sounds strange but I feel as I've spent years defending the Muppets to other people and, considering the HUGE reaction to the new movie, thought the Muppets had turned a corner. Sadly, the reaction from friends/family over this appearance was the usual "that just wasn't funny" "why do they sound so off?" "Fozzie looked weird"...

I just keep reading time and time again that the Muppets "are back!" from people reviewing the movie and I would love to see the same thought and love put into everything they do from now on. I sincerely love the Muppets, I just know they are worthy of so much more and now is the time to shine!

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
Fair point, I must admit I thought it was pretty mediocre but have seen worse (remember Kermit being interviewed by Anthea Turner on GMTV around 93/94. Just awful!!!