muppets on VH1

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
There was a Muppet show reference and some clips on the new VH1 "I Love The '70s volume 2." In the 1972 episode, they were talking about Alice Cooper's stage show, and mentioned his Muppet show appearance. They also showed a couple clips. They might have more Muppet stuff on the next episodes. I'm not real crazy about the VH1 shows, but I watch them just to see Muppet references.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I love those VH1 documentaries; never saw these decade shows though. I thaught it was just a miniseries rather than on-going. What time does it come on? I've heard they mention the muppets often.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah on the frist volume of I love the 70s, on the 1970 episode they talked,as well as showed clips about Sesame Street, on the 1976 episode they talked and show a few clips of the Muppet Show. Plus on the 1979 episode they talked about the Muppet Movie.

Plus on I love the 80's strikes back, I think it was 1983, they shown and talked about Fraggle Rock.

So, I don't mean to sound rude or nothing, but it's not really a new thing. :wink:

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Oh, I love those VH1 documentaries; never saw these decade shows though. I thaught it was just a miniseries rather than on-going. What time does it come on? I've heard they mention the muppets often.
They are re-running the episodes all this week. The '72 episode is on later today. Check local listings.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I love those decade shows (even though I never lived through the 70s or 80s). Hmm, I think there was an episode of I love the 80s 3D and there was thins thing like best hookups or somethiing like that and I THINK Piggy and kermit were part of it. I'm not 100% sure because I only heard them say Miss Piggy cause I was in the other room and I rushed back to see what it was, and of course, I missed it. Was this in my head or did this really happen?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea it was the couple of that year. It was Kermit and Miss Piggy.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Yeah, like JJandJanice said, this isn't really a new thing. The Muppets are always mentioned on the VH1 shows. I just thought I would post the latest one since it is currently airing. The new '74-'75 episodes air tonight at 8:00 and 9:00 and rerun at 11:00 and 12:00. Also, I may be wrong about the Alice Cooper reference. It might have been the '73 episode.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was hoping VH1 would mention The Muppets on their new '70s documentary! The original "I luv the '70s was great.

Though, personally, I was disapointed with their Fraggle Rock segment on "I luv the '80s". It seemed like the people talking barely knew what the show was about. They just thought it was a kiddie show. Still, they were probably mostly teenagers when it was originally on.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I saw that very episode of "I Love the 70s, Volume 2" last night. Sam the Eagle calling Alice Cooper a freak, and Alice thanking Sam for the compliment...and Kermit saying "It wasn't this scary when we had Julie Andrews on the show!" Good times.
I saw the '76 episode of the original, and the commentators were unanimously head over heels for the Muppet Show. One guy commented that the show had almost sacred status in his house when he was a kid.

I did see the '83 episode of "I Love the 80s," and I find it rather funny (as in, both amusing and peculiar) that they called Fraggle Rock "Muppets on acid."
In my opinion, if you want Muppets on Acid, go for the Kingdom of Gorch.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I forgot this was going to be on this week! I always love what they have to say about the Muppets on those shows! Plus, I just like to watch them to watch them. Thanks for the heads up Fuzzhead, I hope to check it out!