Muppets risk of less promotion

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Thing is, I haven't been obsessed with the muppets as long as most of you people, so it's a shame for me to see them fading away when I've only just discovered how amazing they are!!
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :cry:
That was so sweet

*blows nose in hanky* PPPPPLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

hehehehehehe

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see OZ. Not my first choice for a project, but a safe one for the Muppets. Families will tune in out of love for the classic story and fans will tune in to see how they mutilate the tale - and Wicked Eye-Patch Biker Piggy! :mad: A true stroke of genius. :excited:

unclematt

Reaction score
The Muppets are an iconic group of chacters that are going to pull numbers. Oz is going to get great ratings and we are going to see Disney do some nice things with them.

I am very glad to have the Muppets on TV and I dont even have a problem with them portraying the Oz chacters because you know there will be some kind of great Muppet spin on them.

I look forward to every television project they do because it means exposure and thats what I truly think they need. If you just put out the old stuff and lock the actual Muppets up in storage (God forbid) people will start to forget. Keep doing commercials. Keep portraying calssic characters in made for TV movies. Do a reality series. Do what you have to do but make sure the Muppets name and faces stay out there.

Finally I would like to say that I appreciate the way we can go back and forth about these things and stay cool with each other. Cantus, I think we were just put on this earth to disagree with each other. I want to let you know that I know you are a true Muppets fan because you stand up for what you believe in. I love this site and top of that this is the most open and honest forum I have ever belonged to. Thank you to everybody.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Finally I would like to say that I appreciate the way we can go back and forth about these things and stay cool with each other. Cantus, I think we were just put on this earth to disagree with each other. I want to let you know that I know you are a true Muppets fan because you stand up for what you believe in. I love this site and top of that this is the most open and honest forum I have ever belonged to. Thank you to everybody.
:smile:

Despite my passion I do assure you that I am not mad. Like you said, just opinions. Muppets are one of the two things I can get fired up about (the other being video games :big_grin:).

And Foz, if I were Disney that is what I'd do. You see it as a limitation of the Muppets; I see it as a perservation. There is only so many mediocre-to-worse productions a troupe can produce before their bar of excellence is virtually eliminated. Instead of continuing to force the Muppets further downward, I think it'd be so much nicer if they could discontinue these hack, immatated performances. That means they need to stop completely, or begin productions with new characters; to stop milking the originals, they're tapped completely. So if they aren't willing to go the new character route but are determined to turn a buck, then I see Disney doing a great service to us all; no more performances without the Jim-style charm, but new merchandise from those productions which did have that charm. Like I said, sounds win-win to me.

beaker

Reaction score
Well anyone that knows me knows that the Muppets/SS/FR/JHC has been in my dna for over two decades. And as a rabid Muppet fan I have longed for the day when the Muppets could return to the glorious anthem they once had last in the 80's. But then I realize that without the magic, what good is it? But yeah, of course were all very happy to see th econtinuation of Muppet appearences on tv in whatever capacity.

Im happy to also see Sesame Street with a higher profile this year. However...
does anyone here think it sad that its the 40th annv for the Muppets, yet all we get is a made for tv low budget classic tale retelling? ouch. We know when it comes to Muppet news, you never know when cool bombshell news can hit.
It's been awhile since we got something that could give us those awe goosebumps tho.

I just hope the Muppets stay edgy, and they DONT let others continue to perform signature characters that are synonymous with their respective performers. Bill is Pepe, Steve is Kermit, Dave is Gonzo, Kevin is Clifford, and so on. And I think Eric Jaccobson is an awesome uncanny Frank Oz standin!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I feel that (after seeing the soundtrack listing of the Oz movie) things are going to be looking up. The EM Band has two songs on there even! I think the Oz film is going to be good, and I think it's going to be a bit but they'll be performing top notch before long.

I love the nostalgia of the Muppets as much as the next guy, but I don't want to see 'em end.

Besides that, this is all from Jim Hill Media's perspective and we all know his bearings in the journalistic world are worn. I don't worry about anything. At least not for now.

Beauregard

Reaction score
YES! At last...we will have a New song from the EM band! Whoopie! *crossign figners to see Janice sing again*

Stulz

Reaction score
Info?

Fozzie Bear said:
I feel that (after seeing the soundtrack listing of the Oz movie) things are going to be looking up. The EM Band has two songs on there even! I think the Oz film is going to be good, and I think it's going to be a bit but they'll be performing top notch before long.

Where did you see the track listing?